Windows Application Automation Developer - Northampton - £35-40k
A Windows Application Automation Developer, is required by this financial services company, based in Northampton. This is an exciting time to be joining the business as they start a phased roll-out of a new, image-based processing system that will change the way we bank.
Working as part of a small team of Automation Developers, the Windows Application Automation Developer will be responsible for the design and development of solutions to support Windows applications including Control-M scheduling, internal/external file transfer, and archiving solutions. The role will support the end to end development and deployment process working with other business areas across all environments to meet significant business change projects.
- Analysis of requirements to produce high and low level solution designs.
- Design and Development of batch processing to include Control-M schedules, batch scripts and Connect:Direct processes along with associated documentation (workflow models, Operator Instructions).
- Complete unit testing of schedules and provide test support to other environments
- Plan and manage the release of scheduled application fix releases
- Manage and deliver releases for small to medium projects, effectively within agreed estimates, timescales, quality and budget
- Provide subject matter expertise in relation to applications/technologies supported and processes owned to the team and the business
- Provide consultancy and mentoring to less experienced members of the team including documentation and code reviews
- Provide 3rd line support within agreed Problem Management and Service Assurance targets
- Lead improvement activities or initiatives with focus on service quality and cost reduction
- Maintain and develop application development and deployment processes and standards
- Identify and deliver upon opportunities that improve service quality and enhance performance and efficiency in own department and across the business
- Administration and reporting tasks as requested by the manager
- Operate within IT Service Management & release management policy and processes
Skills and Experience (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Control-M batch scheduling
- Windows batch scripting using MS-DOS, VBScript & Powershell
- Previous software development or computer operations knowledge in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good working knowledge in the use of BMC Remedy and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge of Project Management, Systems Development and Release Lifecycle methodology
- Good skills in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent root cause analysis & problem solving skills
- Experience of Connect:Direct file transfer
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Experience being a technical lead on a project
- ITIL V3 foundation
For more information and a full job specification, please contact Peter Sanders