VDI Consultants x 2 - SC cleared - London
We are looking for two experienced VDI Consultants to assist our government client in delivering technology within a wider programme of change addressing policy development and process improvement (that must be reflected in the technology solution) and organisational change (which must include adoption of the technology platform being developed). These roles will be working on a secure government project and will be based primarily in London with additional UK travel as needed (all non-London work will be fully expensed).
- Expert level knowledge in regards to designing, planning, and implementing globally available multi-site, multi-domain virtual desktop infrastructures that provide a consistent and positive end user experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows client operations systems, advanced level knowledge of Windows server operating systems, and a good level of capability using a variety of enterprise methods to fine-tune the virtual desktop experience for a wide variety of use cases.
- Serve as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments utilizing VMware Horizon, Workspace One, and vRealize.
- Be actively involved in the development of the virtualization roadmap and strategy as it relates to virtual desktops and Desktop-as-a-Service.
- Provide Tier III support for the virtual desktop infrastructure by investigating and troubleshooting integration difficulties, and providing well documented status updates. These will sometimes include network, application, and server troubleshooting.
- Maintain the virtual desktop environment by performing daily administrative functions related to configuration management, group policies, software patching, and general upkeep of the systems and associated applications.
- Monitor systems and applications and coordinate system maintenance and support with vendors to ensure a stable and up-to-date environment.
- Actively work towards process improvement to increase the efficiency of operating system and software upgrades and installations as well as other client engineering functions; ensure applicable documentation is created or revised.
- Develop documentation to enable knowledge sharing and cross-training.
- Adhere to IT Service Management processes and procedures to ensure a stable computing environment (e.g. change control, incident management, problem management, etc.).
- Be a mentor and role model for fellow team members by exhibiting qualities of teamwork and actively sharing experience and knowledge with team members.
- Participate in other project initiatives as required.
- Current SC clearance
- Experience deploying and managing virtual servers and desktops using VMware VDI solution (VMware View, ESXi, vCenter Server, Horizon View, vRealize, etc.), integrating these within existing bespoke platforms and frameworks, and troubleshooting technical issues that consequently arise.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) on VMware Horizon View
- Understanding of ITSM and ITIL Processes
- Integration / Troubleshooting
- Windows x64 applications packaging
- Generic webserver-based applications as part of LAMP stack models
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
To be considered for this role you MUST hold current UK SC clearance.