Threat and Vulnerability Manager
A Threat and Vulnerability Manager is required by a dynamic forward thinking and distinctive household name. They’re a FTSE 100 company and pioneers in air-travel, e-commerce, digital technology and business operations. They employ over 10,000 people and they are still growing.
Salary Package: Basic salary up to £63,000 + package, total package up to circa £73,000
Location: Luton – (30 Mins from central London, 5 mins from main rail station. 2 miles from the M1)
Flexibility: This role will allow the successful applicant to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
Joining an established, experienced and forward thinking Security Practice – this role will offer challenge, career progression, opportunity and development
With over 250 aircraft flying over 700 routes to more than 30 countries, they’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 70 million passengers a year, they employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and they’re still growing.
If you love a challenge, are passionate about what you do and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations – you’ll fit right in. It’s about big ideas and looking at things differently. It’s about delivering for customers, being progressive and successful. So if you’re ambitious, digitally-minded, and prepared to work hard, then this is one of the most exciting, progressive and enjoyable environments you could wish to do it in.
The threat and vulnerability manager is responsible for protecting our organisation's information and information systems from both loss and compromise through the delivery and effective management of threat intelligence and vulnerability management systems
- Responsible for ensuring that clear strategies, processes, procedures and guidelines are in place for threat intelligence and vulnerability management, aligned to relevant security policies and standards
- Produce and disseminate threat and vulnerability management Information, including preparation of reporting material for periodic security groups
- Lead the investigation into vulnerabilities, advise on mitigation, root cause analysis and service improvements
- Monitor security threats and known vulnerabilities to ensure that appropriate operational security controls are working effectively
- Organise and chair vulnerability management review boards
- Act as a trusted threat and vulnerability management specialist and become the ‘Go To’ person within IT
Requirements of the Role
You will have gained experience of the following:
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential, as the jobholder must be able to lead a team and operate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Depth of experience in IT Technical Security , including time as a security senior practitioner
- Experience of using threat intelligence systems and services
- Experience of vulnerability management
- Demonstrable experience in the identification and implementation of information security technical controls to mitigate vulnerabilities
The ideal candidate will hold one or more of the following:
- Masters in Information Security (MSc)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Vendor technology certifications specific to threat intelligence, vulnerability management, network security, host security and application security
To have an informal chat or gain further clarifications regarding this position, please contact Thom Taylor on Thomas.email@example.com or 01908 030131