Test Manager (Defects & Continuous Improvement) – Financial Services – Northampton
An opportunity has arisen for a Test Manager to join a well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will be to manage the day to day running of the team and you will also be responsible for ensuring that defects are owned and managed from inception through to closure in line with the clients' existing processes and procedures.
- Checks newly raised defects to ensure the meet quality standards outlined by the programme.
- Review of rejected defects with devs / testers to speed up the processing time.
- Prioritise defects for fix ensuring prioritisation in line with current business and programme objectives.
- Review of all defects at Fixed or Ready For Retest status, gaining ETA from testing as to when will be testing will be completed and monitor against agreed timelines
- Confirm defects to be assigned for release and confirm with deployment / Development leads.
- Assist the defect manager where a serious 'ShowStopper' Defect or issue has been raised supporting the escalation, review and fixing of all issues associated with the issue and closely monitor through to closure.
- Join daily defect calls run and managed by clients to give latest updates on issues and confirm ETAs.
£400 - 450 per professional day
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in defect analyst, experienced Test Analyst / Test Manager
- Microsoft Office, TFS or HP ALM, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Able to deal comfortably with stakeholders at all levels, level headed with ability to cope well under pressure.
- ISTQB Testing Foundation Level