As Test Automation Architect you will be responsible for defining and implementing core elements of the test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework and best practises for various products and test phases ensuring the highest quality of solutions are delivered through the Systems, integration and Acceptance test phases.
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
- Review, maintain and improve existing test automation frameworks
- Actively work with development and infrastructure teams for integrating test automation as an integral part of Continuous delivery pipeline (DevOps)
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation cross the organisation
- Carry out automation feasibility studies
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
- Continuously evaluate, select and formulate best usage of test automation tools for different purposes.
- Support Test Management in driving testing quality improvement and active reporting on automation test coverage
- Provide consolidated Testing resource metrics, from all Projects, and report trends
- Ensure tools, frameworks and other development practices remain complaint with policies
- Based on the tools, framework evaluation, define training and mentoring requirements for test team
- Work with various Programme stakeholders for integrating test automation for continuous delivery and testing
- Able to communicate with various stake holders
- Ability to set up workshops, walkthroughs on automation initiatives
- Promote a high performance culture within the testing function using automation
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in defining and operationalization of test automation strategy
- Proven experience in creating and implementing test automation frameworks for large-scale systems in agile development environments ( around 10 years)
- Hands-on test automation experience, in a professional software development environment
- Strong experience in integrating test automation fully into the CI chain and how to keep tests healthy
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- A solid understanding of test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery both in principle and in practice
- Experience in several test automation tools, frameworks, e.g. Selenium, SoapUI, LoadUI, TestNG, Jenkins, TFS etc.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- An industry recognised qualification in the quality/testing field would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Development Methodologies
- Experience of testing in a Mainframe Environment
- Team motivation skills