As Non Functional Test Analyst you will be responsible for defining and implementing the core elements of the non- functional test strategy including volumetric analysis, automation tool selection, test script development, test execution and results analysis. Non-functional testing will ensure the implemented system is capable of meeting performance targets at the peak usage volumes expected.
- Implement the non-functional test strategy including tools, framework & approach.
- Determine, by proof of concept, if the tools currently identified for test automation are suitable for load testing.
- Implement the load-testing platform.
- Work with product owners to determine key business volume metrics and appropriate test scenarios
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to other non-functional test team members
- Work with infrastructure and architecture stakeholders to inform hardware sizing and software licensing decisions
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
- Continuously evaluate, select and formulate best usage of non-functional test automation tools for different purposes.
- Support the Test Management in driving testing quality improvement
- Provide consolidated Testing resource metrics from all Projects
- Ensure tools, frameworks and other development practices remain complaint with policies
- Identify any areas where use of non-functional test tools may violate policies
- Assist non-functional test manager in preparation of papers for presentation to Technical Review boards
- Assist and mentor other members of the non-functional test team
- Work across different disciplines of non-functional test
- Work with various Programme stakeholders to determine appropriate volume metrics and test scenarios
- Able to communicate with various stake holders from both business and technical backgrounds
- Able to set up workshops and to present technical challenges and solutions
- Able to adapt to schedule demands that may require changes to working hours at short notice
- Promote a high performance culture within the testing function
- Mentor junior team members
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in non-functional test planning and execution using a variety of test tools
- Proven experience in creating and implementing non-functional test automation frameworks for large-scale systems (at least six years)
- Hands-on non-functional test experience in a professional software development environment
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- A proven ability to work with technical resources to leverage non-functional test results in making architectural scaling and licensing decisions
- Experience in several test automation tools, frameworks, e.g. HP Loadrunner, SoapUI and LoadUI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- An industry recognised qualification in the quality/testing field would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Development Methodologies
- Experience of testing in a Mainframe Environment
- Team motivation skills