Test Analyst (Manual and Automation) – You will be based in Central London, near to Liverpool Street.
‘’You will work on the fundamentals of Testing from Manual Test through to Automation as well as working on exciting, interesting, modern, great technology projects across the whole lifecycle’’
This organisation are an iconic and highly renowned charitable business who do some great work with young adults around the country – we are circa 3000 people in size and have a very digital approach to our business.
They are tech savvy and have a great digital presence and are using some exciting technical platforms, they are implementing a range of new applications across the organisation.
Keeping within their values, they are looking to bring on board two highly motivated and engaged Test Analysts who want to progress their career development.
This role will give you an opportunity to work with senior stakeholders, on new technologies, you’ll be given responsibility and an opportunity to develop into an extremely capable and experienced Test Analyst.
You will work on the fundamentals of Testing from Manual Test through to Automation as well as working on projects across the whole lifecycle.
What you will be doing…
- Attend test planning workshops alongside the Test Manager and assist them in ensuring all pre requisites necessary to ensure successful testing (environments, test data, resources, tester training, fault and control logs etc.).
- You will work with end users to identify detailed content for test cases and or test scenarios and produce all required test cases
- Work with the Test Manager to write and agree all test cases and scenarios required to deliver the designated project
- Execute designated test cases, test scenarios or exploratory testing
- Log all faults arising during testing and ensure these are forwarded to the appropriate support function for resolution
- Maintain testing logs and report progress to the Test Manager at agreed intervals
- Provide input to all test report documentation
We will offer you an exciting opportunity to develop new skills across the software development and testing arena – much more so than in some roles at a similar level.
This role will suit a recent graduate with some exposure and / or experience in software testing who is hoping to kick-start their career in software testing or possibly someone with 2/3 years’ experience who wants to widen their exposure to the full Testing lifecycle.
This role offers a salary from 20k up to £25,000 depending on your experience, we will include on the job training, access to relevant online learning courses and independent training and qualifications.
Additionally and most importantly, you will be involved in a variety of software development projects with the view of developing into a Test Lead.
Crucially, you must be able to Manual Test, be able to find the defects or bugs in a software program. It’s crucial that as a tester, you can execute test cases without using any automation tools. However, we do use Automation tools and so will you – but not in every case.
Ideally you will have a:
- ISEB/ ISTQB Foundation certificate
- Experience of a software programming languages, e.g. C#. VBA, SQL
- Knowledge of software lifecycles (e.g. waterfall, Agile)
- Knowledge of databases and reporting.
- 1-2 years’ experience of working as a Test Analyst
- Prior experience of testing a range of large/complex software implementations including websites, CRM systems, BI solutions
- Prior experience of working with Defect Tracking software
- Experience of Non-Functional Testing
- Experience of Testing Tools, such as Selenium, JIRA, HP ALM
Please share your details for more information – start dates are likely to be Mid / End of October and we guarantee a kick start to your Testing career.