Test Analyst (Defects & Continuous Improvement) – Financial Services – Northampton
An opportunity has arisen for a Test Analyst to join a well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will be to support the Test Manager (Defects & CI) and work with other stakeholders to provide monitoring and management information, support processes for monitoring, supporting and building out improvements and eliminating defects.
- Checks newly raised defects to ensure the meet quality standards outlined by the programme.
- Where defects have been rejected as "Working As Designed" work with rejector to understand the exact issue and how this was missed in the requirements gathering process.
- Support CI Manager during daily Root Cause Analysis deep dive sessions providing MI and details of the issue for comparison.
- Review defects with previous test phase testers to understand if issue could have been found in a previous test phase.
- Review defects with developers to understand the real root cause behind the failures and not just the initial analysis "I.e. if a code error was the root cause, what reason was the code error made - code rushed? If the code was rushed how did the defect make it past code review, unit and integration testing before making it to the ST environment.
- Detailed review of defects to ensure appropriate information captured which shows how to recreate the defect and evidence of it occurring.
- Review of defects to ensure correct information captured at each point of the defect process.
- Support defect management team and defect analysts during times where busy or overwhelmed with defects.
£400 per professional day
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in defect analyst, experienced Test Analyst / Test Manager
- Microsoft Office, TFS or HP ALM, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Able to deal comfortably with stakeholders at all levels, level headed with ability to cope well under pressure.
- ISTQB Testing Foundation Level