Technology Project Manager
Our Client’s objective is excellence in research, scholarship and education by publishing worldwide.
It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
To manage and ensure successful end-to-end delivery of Technology projects or and Technology work streams of business projects to agreed, time, cost and quality following the Change Delivery Framework (CDF).
- Project management of the design and build and release of the selected Technology solution
- Development of the project scope and business objectives
- Evaluation and selection of the project’s delivery approach (e.g. agile, iterative or waterfall) depending on the solution, technology, target market maturity and the scale required.
- Develop the business case, project documentation and project plans
- Develops schedules and work packages for the Technology project delivery team and wider project team as needed
- Plan and proactively control projects, produce and update project plans, scope and budget, including detailed resource and activity plans in order to deliver the agreed projects to specification, within time and budget, and to the agreed level of quality.
- Manage project finance and budgets (forecasts, actual vs planned etc).
- Ensure quality assurance mechanisms are in place so that products / deliverables adhere to agreed requirements. Ensures that Technology solution requirements are defined, delivered and monitored following global and local Technology standards, architectures, and governance.
- Supports benefits realisation and achievement of target business outcomes
- Manage 3rd party suppliers and resources in line with agreed ways of working and contracts and SLA’s
- Establish and maintains proactive, comprehensive stakeholder management and stakeholder communications
- Builds high performing, collaborative project teams. Co-ordinates work done by different people and management of virtual teams. Support the development of talent in line with the Press’s requirements for technical, professional, managerial and leadership capability.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in project delivery in line with Change Delivery Framework and Technology governance.
- As line manager: Select, develop, manage, and motivate staff in order to deliver required outcomes. Build and develop the pipeline of talent in line with the Press’s requirements for technical, professional, managerial and leadership capability.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree educated (or equivalent) with relevant project management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2, PMP
- Hands on experience of different project delivery methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative, waterfall)
- Broad experience in a global / complex organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced services
- Virtual working and collaboration in a matrix environment
- Strong influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts and information.
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, pro-active, collaborative and consultative
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of delivering projects in a complex geographical/ functional matrix organization