Cyber Defence Tools Engineer
Location: Mons, Belgium
Salary: Highly Competitive + Comprehensive Benefits
Hold or be able to obtain National & NATO Clearance (SC/NS & DV/CTS)
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. They are the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
In collaboration with other industry partners, our client has recently provided NATO (NCIA) with an enhanced Cyber Defence Situational Awareness (CDSA) capability. This capability will be used by Senior NATO stakeholders based at a number of NATO sites providing data-fusion, visualisation and reporting tools. Leonardo are therefore now recruiting a CDSA Tools Engineer to perform the role and functions described below.
They are offering an exciting opportunity to work within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Based at the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA) Cyber Security Technical Centre located at NATO’s Supreme Allied Headquarters (SHAPE) in Mons [Belgium] you will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of NATO’s global Cyber Security Defence posture.
This position will allow the successful candidate to work within the NATO Computer Incident Response Centre (NCIRC), which is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world.
You will work alongside a combined international team of 250+ NATO and Industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 NATO member countries.
What’s in it for you?
Our Client believes employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life - which means more time to enjoy the opportunity of exploring the many great locations in continental Europe which are within easy reach of Mons.
To aid with the relocation to Mons are client offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- International Premium Payment: An annual Tax Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year;
- Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied;
- Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability);
- International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental;
- Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000pa claimable for returning to the UK for home visits;
- Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
- Shift / Call-Out / Overtime premiums dependant on eligibility of the specific role;
Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team providing CDSA subject matter expertise to the Leonardo NCIRC Operations and Service Delivery management covering all stages of the CDSA Service Lifecycle (e.g. Service Design, Transition, Operations, Change Management and Continual Service Improvement);
- Develop and validate Level 1 and Level 2 Support & Maintenance Procedures;
- Carry out Routine Health monitoring and preventative maintenance tasks for CDSA;
- Provide CDSA Early Life Support (ELS) to all CDSA stakeholders including:
- Management & resolution of all Level 1 & Level 2 issues working in conjunction with the existing Leonardo NCIRC Service Desk and infrastructure / tools SMEs;
- Provide on-site CDSA expertise coordinating with the existing NCIRC Support Team and Operations Management;
- Act as on-site point of contact for support engagements, including handover of Level 3 & 4 support issues, to contracted deep level vendor support teams;
- Assist staff with transition from project implementation to in-service operations;
- Demonstrable hands-on experience and a high level of technical knowledge covering:
- Data fusion platforms and data source integration via e.g. API, flat file transfer, import / export, STIX (preferably e.g. REDHAT Fuse), DropZones
- Risk management tools / platforms (preferably e.g. RSA Archer)
- Data visualisation & reporting tools / platforms (preferably e.g. Edge)
- Investigating and resolving issues in complex ICT systems, including Enterprise Server (e.g. RHEL & Windows) and Database (preferably Oracle or SqlSvr) technologies
- Network infrastructures and virtualised environments (e.g. VMWare)
- Able to develop clear and concise technical documentation including procedures
- Experience working in a Cyber Security role with at least a basic understanding of the practices and/or technologies employed. For example NIPS/NIDS; Packet Capture; SIEMs; Log Collection; Computer Forensics; Vulnerability Management
Candidates interested in this role must:
- Hold or be able to obtain, National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS)
- Understand the constraints of working in secure environments with protectively marked media;
- Hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country;
- Be eligible and able to undertake business travel throughout Europe;
- Be able to represent Leonardo in an International mixed Civilian and Military environment