Technical Architect - SC cleared - London
This is an opportunity to make a significant technical contribution to a new and exciting Digital Transformation programme which is bringing our government clients business applications into the 21st century and driving efficiency forward by the use of technology.
Reporting to Project Manager you'll be part of this large government Digital Transformation programme which will see you working closely with a number of stakeholders including Architects, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Development teams, Business Systems Managers and wider Key and Specialist Users.
To ensure end to end, quality and effective support of the project, you may also liaise with software vendors for efficient and pragmatic implementation of new or updated software components.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- The Technical Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement in-house information systems and networked software architectures that support core organisational functions, and assure their security, efficiency and high availability.
- Experience of delivering technical / solutions architecture incrementally over multiple sprints, working collaboratively as part of Agile delivery team. Contribute to various facets of project management, planning, and regular communication, coordination of tasks, testing, roll-out, training, issues, risk and documentation.
- As part of the Agile delivery team, you will gain organisational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Technical Architect provides technical leadership across the organisation, from strategic decision making down to the agile project planning level.
- You will have proven experience with general all aspects of Cloud (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), Micro-services, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), APIs, CRM concepts and architecture and general Data Warehouse architecture and concepts.
- In addition, you will be experienced with general Enterprise Middleware systems architecture and concepts and ideally digital transformation projects.
- Produce content for presentation at the Architecture Working Group, Technical Design Authority, capture feedback and ultimately secure sign-off for various aspects of the technical solution.
- You will bring a minimum of 5 years work experience in Technical / Solution Architecture planning with a solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
- Typically, we would expect you to be familiar in developing strategic systems architecture plans and experienced in systems and application design and development.
- To develop the to-be “end state architecture” vision for all aspects project landscape covering Information, Applications and Infrastructure.
- In conjunction with wider in-house as well as supplier Enterprise and Solution architectures colleagues and project team compare this with relevant “as-is” position, set priorities for transition and translate these into actionable delivery plans.
- Our users are highly reliant on data, systems and workflows to meet their business objectives. Your responsibilities will include understanding these business needs and providing strong deployment, maintenance, education and configuration of the Enterprise platform and systems.
- Develops information security policy, standards and guidelines, acting as a focus for IT security expertise. Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components. Manages the organisation's technical strategies, policies, standards and practices, ensures that they are applied correctly, and promotes consistency.
- Protects and defends information and information systems by defining policies to ensure their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Ensures that policies permit individuals to access only information and network facilities for which they are authorised.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Manages appropriate security controls as a production service to business system users.
- Ensures architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk, and advances assurance standards through ensuring rigorous security testing.
- Monitors technical progress, ensuring that co-ordination and change control are applied to technical specifications and to the technical infrastructure.
- Manages assessment of threats to confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance.
- Assesses legal and best practice issues, and promotes awareness of national and international laws.
- Experience of working with mixed in-house and external teams.
- Strong team leader with demonstrable experience of developing talent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in deploying modern technology development and delivery models, including Agile, CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), DevOps and bimodal
- CRM dynamics
- Secure Front end web development
- Case management
- On premise secure application development
- Interface with external APIs such as experian, DVLA, CPNI etc.
- Data migration from Oracle and Siebel into Microsoft
- BizTalk server
- Microservices design and implementation
- Person centric data modelling
- Adopted agile delivery working on design incrementally.
- Worked with several 3rd party suppliers to coordinate and design e2e solution.
- Understanding secure infrastructure gateways
- Previous experience of GDS assessment.
- Leading the Technical Design Authority.
- Current SC clearance