Systems Business Analyst (Digital, Agile, Product)
Working for one of the world’s leading publishers of books, eBooks and reference works in Oxfordshire. They are creating technology platform to shape the future of knowledge.
As part of the digital first strategy, they have been driving growth through providing access to publications through digital platforms, also providing a unified experience across their content. They have created digital platforms to facilitate discovery, allowing users to access relevant research and information quickly and easily, wherever they are.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Agile Systems / Business Analyst who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment. The role will be joining an agile team to help innovate, improve and deliver all aspects of content delivery channels and enhance with new ideas how a digital platform can enable new business models with online capabilities.
Essential skills and experiences:
- At least 8 years’ experience in Information Technology, with a minimum of 3 years in business process design.
- Ability to connect business, technology and user requirements to create technology solutions
- Experience within Software Development Life-cycle Methodology.
- Demonstrable experience working with process redesign methods and organisational change management.
- Some exposure to e-commerce.
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology and then use this technical knowledge to apply to business needs.
- Technology evangelist, well aware of tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking
- Worked with multiple Agile methodologies including SCRUM, Kanban, XP, Lean
- Understand technology solutions connecting business, technology, user and customer requirements, collaborate with the Architecture and Solution Team.
- Convert solutions into user stories along with acceptance criteria, wireframe and additional support documents
- Manage the backlog of user stories with very clear and unambiguous documentation.
- Help project sponsors and Product Owners to prioritise the user stories
- Working closely with the business and Product Owners to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and with competing business demands and priorities
- Anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary