Location – Peterborough
My client is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
You will be joining an established communicative team as the Systems Analyst. This role is responsible for the daily operational delivery of the risk control framework (Stop, Limit, Detect & Remediate). You will be responsible for monitoring, detecting, and isolating incidents and the management of the IT Shared Service Centre’s security products, network devices, end-user devices, systems, and also the protection of data.
The Data Protection Team are responsible for the management of the hosting platform and ensuring the integrity and continuity of the systems through ensuring the servers are secure and recoverable. This encompasses end to end management of the backup service including regular testing of recoveries, failover testing, maintenance of the disaster recovery run order and maintenance of documentation to support these disciplines.
The team are also responsible for the management of the Storage Area Network platform including administration, provisioning, fast recovery, snapshotting and maintenance.
The team own and support the Public key infrastructure including monitoring of the SSL certificates for expiry and revocation lists and for renewal of the certificates where necessary. As well as ensuring that the SCCM environment is available and current to enable deployment of patches and applications.
What are we looking for?
You will have the following formal Education & Certification:
- Certifications in Microsoft Software components can include Server 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- SCOM, SCCM
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft based activity.
And you will have good knowledge & experience in the following:
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory including user management, DHCP/DNS, AGPM, management of sites and subnets, monitoring replication and health
- Knowledge of SCCM
- Knowledge of SCOM
- Knowledge of CommVault
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Strong Knowledge in VMware
- Understanding of networking activities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated individual who has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possess the ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Relevant customer service experience within an IT environment would be advantageous.
This opportunity will require you to operate on a rotational shift basis ensuring operational support is provided during core business hours. To discuss in greater detail please contact Sarah-Jane on 01908 886037 or firstname.lastname@example.org