Our client are looking for an experienced System Support Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in the Netherlands on an initial 12 month contract.
You will work in a systems and software development team providing support on systems administration tasks, development and testing. This is a complete all-round IT support role.
Typical day to day tasks include:
- Support technical definition of new software versions
- Support qualification of new software versions
- Contribute to system knowledgebase and support portal
- Perform updates to documentation
- Perform or support maintenance of issue logs
- Perform indepth analysis of reported technical issues
- Perform or support testing of new baselines
- Support related Quality Assurance activities
- Perform system installation, administration and lab maintenance
- Perform system support (onsite or remote sites)
- Perform technical surveys for remote sites
- Perform 2nd level support (investigation) of raised trouble tickets
- Coordinate with external developers for software code correction
- Perform limited corrections of software code
- Provide System Administration Training
- Bachelor Degree or higher in informatics, computer science or closely related engineering field, and 4 years IT related experience
- Experience in use of modern concepts and accepted industry standards for configuration management, testing and quality assurance activities
- Experience in system troubleshooting, incident, problem and knowledge management
- Knowledge and recent experience (minimum 12 months in last 24 months) in following areas: System administration, installation, maintenance and support
- Testing activities. Other relevant Quality Assurance activities. Software development experience with following environments, products and languages: Microsoft .NET. Microsoft C#.
- Microsoft SharePoint. Microsoft SQL Server. Practical experience in: Computer system administration
- Using test tools (e.g. SOAP UI, Fiddler). Service Oriented Architecture concepts and Web Services.
- Working as part of software engineering and testing team
- Familiarity with following NATO interoperability formats: MIP (Block 2 or 3). ADatP3 Message
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel offsite for duration not longer than one week
- Certification as NATO trainer for LC2IS System Administration
- Fluency in English: 3232 (Listening, speaking, reading and writing). Work, both oral and written, in post and in Headquarters as a whole is conducted in English.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of command and control (C2) systems
- Proficiency in database design in Relational DBMSs (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Web Map Services (e.g. ESRI ARCGIS, OCG WBS)
- Development and use experience with: NATO functional services. LC2IS would be preferable
- National C2 systems; or Multilateral Interoperability Program (MIP) Gateways
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email (01908 030 130 / email@example.com)