Job title: Systems Engineer (data management)
Salary: negotiable based on experience + wide range of benefits
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. They are the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
The client requires a Systems Engineer with experience of Data Management Systems and Integration to join its Enterprise Security Engineering Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within a systems engineering role, preferably working in a secure environment.
The successful candidate will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids and the candidate should be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystem design, implementation and customer facing testing.
The successful candidate must have a strong all round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. Current ongoing projects will require an awareness of cyber security capabilities, and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Able to understand, interpret and engineer complex and often conflicting customer requirements.
• To be able to expand a high-level design into a low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice.
• Able to confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices.
• Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions.
• Provide specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project or wider programme (potential involvement in bid development/evaluation).
• Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust & costed solutions.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Proven experience with the ArcSight product suite (particularly ESM & Logger) across large scale implementations including design, support and enhancements.
• Demonstrable experience of working with other SIEM toolsets and managing event flows and log aggregation across a variety of sources.
• Scripting experience across a broad range of languages including Python, Bash and PowerShell, focussing on automation and integration.
• Experience of working with both relational and unstructured data using a variety of toolsets across heterogeneous environments, and visualisation of such data.
• Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
Skills and experience in the following areas is advantageous:
• Experience of cyber security tools such as Nessus, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee.
• Experience of Splunk Enterprise system design and implementation.
• Automated build tooling such as Puppet and Docker.
• Automated patch management tools such as Spacewalk.
• Infrastructure build experience.
• Experience of working with virtualisation technologies.
• Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS).
• Experience with enterprise system monitoring and administration toolsets.
• Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
For more information please feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or email email@example.com