We're recruiting for on behalf of a leading global consumer brand. Our client is looking for a Strategic Account Manager to manage & develop key retail household named accounts to maximise sales and margin growth.
This is a newly created role within one of their divisional sales teams, ideally you will be located in the Midlands and close to major road networks.
You will be developing excellent relationship with all customer stakeholders, completing full account analysis, understanding trends and implementing actions. Responsible for developing new sales opportunities and contributing to new product development. You will provide high quality reporting and feedback to relevant company stakeholders
- Managing a small number of key strategic customers across their range of B2B and B2C products. Tasks will include data analysis, reporting, making recommendations, ensuring high levels of service are achieved across the estate, data management, pricing and margin management, customer presentations, completion of tenders / RFI’s, ensuring consumer brand is well represented.
- Ensure joint business plans are prepared, agreed and reported on by both parties
- Maximise the account profit via effective negotiation and the implementation of a promotional sales budget, retail promotion plan, and category management initiatives.
- Continually explore and drive new business opportunities within the accounts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the consumer market
- Build strong relationships at all levels, in all areas across the accounts.
- Regular store audits to ascertain their and competitor pricing/promotions
- Maintenance of pricing and forecasting files.
- Regular reports and presentations to show market trends and opportunities (e.g. utilising Futuresource, GFK, MIK and SAP)
- Utilise SAP and work with the CSG and Logistics dept to track sales orders vs. customer service levels. Work with the teams to investigate and solve delivery issues.
- Where relevant work with 3 party fulfillers on sourcing of relevant products for the provision of the overall service
- Attend (where relevant) Head Office meetings plus co-ordinate any ad hoc projects e.g. training, in-store marketing, sales reports and promotional events
- Proven experience of working at strategic account management level for a leading consumer brand
- Experience of working within large household accounts
- Strong personal impact - credible and articulate
- Experience of working with procurement and buying teams
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills - ability to demonstrate negotiations within high value contracts
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills, with the ability to present data, analysis and conclusions
- Ability to present complex proposals in an easily understandable format
- Highly motivated and target driven, positive attitude and tenacity
- Full UK driving licence
In return our client is offering a salary to £60,000 with a performance related bonus, car/car allowance plus an exceptional benefits package.