SQL Database Engineer - 70k + Bonus - (North London / Hertfordshire) - Global SaaS Business
SQL Database Engineer required to join this exciting SaaS Service, business. If you are excited by the tech space and want to join an innovative, market leading organization, recognised by Gartner's, leaders quadrant, this is the business for you! Here your work will help deliver services to some of the worlds largest enterprises, who rely on this pioneering technology to deliver business communications, globally
As the SQL Database Engineer, you will join a growing Enterprise Architecture and play a critical role in creating the building blocks and glue of a SaaS service. You will also get exposure to a range of new technologies to learn and become more skilled.
An SQL administrator who understands the database architecture and performance characteristics that make a SQL application sing. You will be an engineer who loves Technology, with comfort in working with programming languages as well Infrastructure. Your analytical ability brings solutions and your proactive nature delivers results.
What you will be doing;
• Automating manual tasks to help constantly improve operational processes and efficiency
• Working with the Development team on new Data models and designs
• Working with Operations on diagnosing and resolving issues in our production environment.
• Working with the Business to help with Reporting and Data Warehouse and Analytics
• Learning Technologies to improve yourself and the capabilities of the Team
What we’re looking for:
SQL Database Engineer must have skills/experience:
• Microsoft SQL Server – You must be a competent Administrator, and understand the pitfalls that can be encountered by poor design, we want your experience to improve what we have and develop new data models with the product development Team.
• Database Design – Able to identify with best practises in Database Design, and architecture implementation of complex clustered and secure environments.
• SQL and TSQL – We expect you to know your stuff here, a Subject Matter expert in this area.
• SQL Integration Services – We have an existing deployment that uses this functionality and are looking to enhance it.Networking – Basic Network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP what they mean and their practical uses.
• Automation – Using tools such as Flyway for schema version control. Working with powershell desired state configuration
• SQL Server on EC2 – An understanding of SQL Server deployments on EC2 would be an advantage.
• Encryption & Security – Our customer’s data is precious, knowledge about Encryption and Security is important.
• SQL Reporting Services – Required to enable reporting for the Business.
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible Working Environment
- Extensive Flexible Bens Inc. Life Assurance, Health Assurance, Income Protection etc,
- Subsidsed Gym
- 25 Days Holiday + BH