Splunk Technical Specialist - USA - Contract
We're looking for a Splunk Technical Specialist to work with our Cybersecurity Solutions client on a customer project in California.
This position needs outstanding technical capability coupled with excellent customer and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Provide expert incident response and analysis and manage security incidents and security response processes relating to deployed Splunk Environment and other security tools including vulnerability management technologies, cloud-based security monitoring capabilities, privileged access management solutions, and data loss prevention technologies.
- Function as the Security Incident Response Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the IT personnel and management.
- Provide in depth review of Splunk environment with overview of SIEM capabilities and best practices to align business with incident response requirements.
- Identify priority SIEM use cases based on business drivers, threats, and personnel available.
- Review critical assets, log sources, and preventative security devices in order to review and identify what needs to be protected and potential blind spots.
- Suggest compensating controls and identify active measures that can be taken for incident response.
- Perform prioritization review: visibility/compliance vs. prevention/protection
- Identify any compliance and/or operational objectives that must be addressed
- Review findings/goal alignment: SIEM success strategies and common failure points to avoid, SIEM correlations, reports, and responses, SIEM essential correlations
- Review backend storage requirements and data warehousing overview
- Review high availability and disaster recovery, operationalizing SIEM and measuring results (time-based security)
- Defining SLAs and Record of Authority (ROA)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the US for up to 3 months - flights, accommodation and expenses covered in country.
To be eligible for this role you must naturally be able to travel to the US without restrictions and must be willing to successfully complete a UK criminal records check.