£ neg Depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
Our client requires a Solution Architect to join its Cyber Security Architecture Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working on bids and proposals, and delivery programmes within a defence, public sector or similar environment. The Solution Architect will possess strong analytical skills with an ability to understand the problem and solution trade spaces.
To this end the Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of requirements capture, definition, decomposition and allocation to an architectural design that reflects all stakeholder needs, and selection of the technology solution that best meets that need. The Solution Architect will be capable of working at multiple levels of abstraction and have a tolerance for ambiguity. The Solution Architect will typically act as the Design Authority for a programme, or part thereof, working closely with the development team and other stakeholders to ensure that the integrity of the solution is maintained.
The Solution Architect will also work within the Architecture Team to help evolve and mature the capability of the Business Unit and collaborate on additional projects where necessary.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Stakeholder engagement including customers, programme managers, business leaders, developers and implementers, safety, security and other subject matter experts
- Develop concepts, review, elicit and derive requirements
- Define architectural designs and technology solutions in support of bids or project delivery
- Ensure the design integrity of solutions throughout development
- Collaborate within the Architecture Team to meet the goals and objectives of the Business
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Skills and experience in the following areas is advantageous:
- Cyber capability definition and assessment
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, NAF)
- Knowledge of ModelBased Systems Engineering, utilising UML & SysML tools
- Knowledge of security standards, processes and application of security enforcing measures
- Broad knowledge of Cyber tools such as NIPS, FPC, vulnerability assessment, computer forensics, SIEM, etc.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Platform technologies
- Broad knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, storage technologies and enterprise server platforms
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Candidates will possess the following personal characteristics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be innovative and conceptualise
- Highly analytical and capable of working at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Good team worker with ability to influence and motivate
- Business and cultural awareness
For immediate consideration and a confidential conversation please contact Sam Page.
01908 88 60 37