Software Test Engineer - Tax Free, Home Based
Cutting edge technology, Blockchain
An engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. A decentralised company that fosters small, innovative and agile teams executing on ideas which have the potential to cause cascading disruption.
How We Work
- Remote Teamwork: Our firm has employees worldwide and collaboration is crucial.
- Communication with the Research Community: We keep in touch with researchers who are working to improve blockchain technology and we incorporate their work into the products that we build.
- Consistent Building and Testing: We implement creative solutions with constant testing.
The candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases to our blockchain Platform. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology. Our ideal candidate will be a key role in development projects and be responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
- Execute and analysis automation test results.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows.
- Support technical services as escalation point for reported bugs.
- Experience in the functional programming language Haskell (beneficial not essential as we will provide additional training)
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a core requirement.
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of test management software.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
The Interview Process
Most of the interviews will be via Skype. With a final face to face, to be confirmed and at the cost of the client.
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Home Based
- Tax Free
If you are interested in this position please feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908886030 or firstname.lastname@example.org