Software Team Leader (.NET, C#)
C# | .NET | WinForms | SQL | EW | DAS | Mission Data | Data Analysis | RADAR | Team Leader|
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client’s growing Electronic Warfare business and take the next step in your career. As a world leader in electronic systems our advanced technology is defining the next generation of products as well as being installed on existing helicopters, fast-jet and unmanned air vehicles. Following new product launches and the award of key contracts we are looking for motivated and adaptable Software Team Leaders.
• Our technology helps define and extend the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
• Our research and innovation is defining and shaping future Air, Land and Sea products and platforms.
• Our life-saving defensive aid suites are fitted on all of the UK's military helicopters, including the Army's battle-tested Apache and the Royal Navy's new AW159 Wildcats.
• Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to continue to create software with tangible results combined with leading a team of engineers, this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility and form a key part of our future.
Great work-life balance
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other lovely incentives to make life great.
The work's never boring
Obviously not! You'll be part of a team breaking new ground in aerospace and defence. From day one, you'll have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. What's more, you'll get to see your projects through the full product cycle – from inception to implementation, working in an agile way to gain customer feedback as you go. You can truly own what you do.
Love solving problems? Well you can rest assured that the second you've solved one problem, another's on the way – which, for you, we're sure isn't a problem.
Room to grow
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career with us will be massively varied. Join us, and you'll be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit – it's a must.
Like the sound of it so far? Check out the nitty gritty of what you'll actually be doing.
Key Responsibility Areas
Your software skills will be utilised across the full software lifecycle with the opportunity to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation. In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
• Windows application development experience with C# and the .NET framework.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
• Knowledge of current industry best practice software development processes including Agile.
• Leading a team providing technical direction, coaching and mentoring of team members.
• Estimating, planning, allocation and deployment of team member's workload to ensure that deliveries are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
• Reporting against teams work programmes including analysis of risk.
• Ensuring team size capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
We will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
Once you join us you will benefit from everything you would expect from an industry leading, people focused company including flexible working arrangements and an award-winning pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
For more info or to apply for this role please feel free to contact Andra on 01908 886 039 or email@example.com