Software Engineer (x2) - Top city law firm, excellent working culture, New tech
A rare opportunity to join an award-winning city law firm. Recognised for enabling thier people to achieve professional fulfilment in a supportive, inclusive and enjoyable working environment.
Specialist technology is increasingly being used by lawyers in the delivery of service to clients. You will join a newly created unit tasked with understing what and how technology could best be used to solve new legal challenges.
You will help meet changing client demands and ensure a new legal technology capability has been established to meet these needs and directly deliver on the 'Hi Tech' proposition of the firm.
As a Software Engineer joining the team, you will have direct access to the practice of law across every legal discipline the firm operates in. You will also have a
unique market opportunity to consult our lawyers on technology related legal projects.
To ensure technology best meets the needs of our firm, the firm is investing in legal education for the technology team, both theory and practical experience. As an organisation we believe that in the next five to ten years, the skills we are developing in our technology team will have will be immensely valuable to our firm and our clients. For that reason, we are looking for people who want to commit to our vision over the long term.
You will provide technical expertise in the software development lifecycle. Build and deliver a technology pipeline that can support rapid development of temporary solutions, along with a robust architecture to support longer term internally developed products. Develop software with a view to either selling it to the open market or embedding it within a strategic vendor product. Horizon scanning on advances in technology, both engineering capabilities and off-the-shelf legal technology. Working within legal practice groups to understand legal process and look for opportunities to improve efficiency. Become a trusted advisor to our lawyers on technology based legal matters.
Key Skills & Experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to present complex technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Experience and understanding of applications development stacks including toolchains.
- Experience and understanding of integrating applications and data sources using APIs.
- Experience and understanding of information security standards and requirements including use of Cloud based services.
- Able to set and meet deadlines while keeping team members informed of developments.
- Prioritise workload to give appropriate time to a variety of requests and tasks.
- Able to work on own initiative without losing sight of overall team goals.
- Team player.
- Uses initiative and focuses on solutions.
- Able to work both alone and in a team.
For a full job specification please contact Matthew Stimpson on 01908 886034 or email@example.com