Social Media & Marcomms Office Manager
This organisation is brand new initiative designed to make it simpler for those with career ambitions in cyber security to access the UK’s cyber-specific education and innovation opportunities.
Based on the Bletchley Park site, and celebrating our national heritage in codebreaking and cryptography, this new educational organisation will be the catalyst for delivering the next generation of exceptional cyber security defenders.
By providing new world-class technical facilities, national education programmes, and the best mentoring and funding available, they will educate and inspire the most gifted and talented individuals with the capability to safeguard our society online. This organisation is unique and global world first.
We are now looking for an individual to take the lead in Marketing (online and offline) and Public Relations on behalf of the team as well as managing the office in Bletchley Park and supporting the Board and executives in their roles.
This is an ideal opportunity to establish yourself as a key individual in a very public role.
The role will be based at Bletchley Park. There will be a requirement for occasional travel.
The salary range for the role is £18,000 to £24,000 dependent on experience. In addition, there is a company pension scheme and 25 days leave per annum (plus statutory public holidays).
As the Marketing and PR lead, you will be responsible for driving awareness and the overall reputation of the organisation through social media, marketing and events.
You should have sound knowledge of the range of communication techniques and tools available is vital, as is experience of building relationships and working with colleagues across different levels. Good business understanding and acumen including sound communication skills are necessary, as is sound editing, copywriting and proofreading skills.
A marketing/communications degree or related qualification or equivalent would be advantageous. As would experience of production process including delivery of printed and online marketing materials and tools, events coordination, brand management and of public relations.
As the Office Manager, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness through scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our team. You should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Communications Executive, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Fundraising Officer, PR, Public Relations, Sales, Business Development, Marketing Communications Officer, Donor Relationship, Project Management etc.
- Implement integrated communications and PR strategies which raise awareness of the organisation and the National College of Cyber Security;
- Copywriting and drafting social media releases, ensuring PR messages are amplified through social and digital media platforms;
- Organising and managing marketing campaigns;
- Updating and monitoring social media platforms;
- Planning in-house and off-site events and activities;
- Responding to incoming queries;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Minute taking at Board meetings;
- Invoicing and managing office supplies;
- Budget management.
Key skills and experience:
- Previous marketing, media relations and PR capabilities;
- Range of media contacts and demonstrable capability to develop new contacts;
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to write press releases, blogs, media statements and by-lined articles;
- Ability to respond rapidly and effectively to the news agenda, external comments or policy developments;
- Ability to gather and use case studies to demonstrate impact;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills.