Service Readiness Analyst
Location - Northampton
Salary Scale - £28,500 to £43,000 p.a. + £4,100 car allowance
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
- The Service Readiness Analyst acts as the interface between Change Delivery and Service Run, and is responsible for the seamless delivery of quality change into the live operation, without impact to service.
- The Service Readiness Analyst will also be expected to challenge, motivate and influence effectively at all levels. They will ensure that the Service Readiness Manager and Service Run remain apprised of change impacting the services that they have responsibility for. They will be expected to deliver presentations supporting Service Readiness where necessary.
- Where required the Service Readiness Analyst may also have direct reports and where this is the case, they must ensure development through appropriate meetings/documentation is captured and retained to achieve business/team/individual objectives. RDPs must be maintained for the team and across project change along with succession planning.
- The Service Readiness Analyst provides expertise, support and mentoring to the Service Run teams and Business Operational areas, fully supporting, engaging, influencing and driving forward change
Key Responsibilities include:
- Sub-project manager for Service Run team on any RFCs, CRs, and ICS Releases that have IT elements. Responsible for remediating conflicts or concerns and for communicating impacts and changes to Service Run teams.
- Manage and monitor the change profile across the company operations, raising concerns and recommendations, to mitigate service failure to line management and/or key stakeholders.
- Experience of communicating effectively, influencing and negotiating through meeting facilitation, presentations, workshops and documentation across all levels of the business.
- Proven record of motivation and initiative to manage own work goals.
- In conjunction with the Team Manager, take responsibility for your personal development and progression as appropriate.
- Experience of Implementation planning and coordination
- Responsible for the creation & agreement of procedures to support the ongoing growth and development of the Service Readiness team. Supporting procedures must be created, reviewed periodically and maintained using the agreed tool sets and processes.
- Responsible for the smooth delivery of assigned projects into Business Operations, following the defined Service Readiness processes, procedures and Live Entry Criteria
- Work with Change Delivery & Business Operations to agree the most appropriate project delivery approach to ensure each element of the project lifecycle effectively engages Business Operations and provide the appropriate deliverables.
- Prepare consolidated IT Operational estimates for business Cases & DMA packs, through consultation and engagement with the various department’s impacted and historic data. Key focus will be on IT activity, effort, impacts and benefits.
- Review and compare the ‘actual’ IT Operational effort undertaken on projects versus the original estimates provided. Address variances where necessary and amend the estimation process appropriately keeping relevant parties involved.
- To interface with Ops / Change Delivery / Service Run and the relevant support areas, ensuring the appropriate level of engagement is provided in order to deliver a smooth and seamless integration to change.
- Ensure a consistent Project Delivery approach is applied across all Client change programmes and be prepared to challenge and question any inconsistencies or conflicting processes.
- Monitor project deliveries, ensuring any implementation issues are resolved without delay with appropriate corrective actions, in consultation with relevant IT representatives.
- Provide Service Readiness expertise and support, ensuring the appropriate level of engagement and input has been considered in the creation and review of critical project documentation such as DMA packs, Requirements, MIFDES/DITs, Live Entry and Acceptance Criteria.
- Use skills and knowledge to Influence PM's to ensure approach satisfies IT requirements to protect service and minimise costs.
- Work with PMO to track and monitor the project financials, ensuring the stated Operational benefits are realised within planned timescales.
- Review the aggregate plans, landing slots and any associated MI to understand the collective demand/risk presented to Operations, and ensure they remain risk free. Raising any concerns with line management where this isn’t the position.
- Represent Service Run team at Project go/ no go into live meetings and facilitate BAU Acceptance as per process.
- Constantly look for efficiencies and drive continual improvement within the team.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to Change Delivery in relation to LAM design (developing and designing workflows, forms and rules).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience or knowledge of systems automation or monitoring principles
- A good knowledge of IT Security policies and standards
- A good understanding of the Service Management Framework.
- Experience of and an excellent understanding of Service Transition methods and processes
- ITIL Service Management Framework – Foundation qualification level.
- ITIL Service Management Framework – Service Transition Intermediate qualification level desirable.
- A good understanding of the Operational services and management structure.
- A good understanding of project methodologies and the Change Delivery processes.
- Excellent business and client engagement acumen.
- Excellent analysis & problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong man-management skills preferred
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills.