Service Desk Team Leader (Identity and Access Mgmt)
Based in Peterborough but operating globally, our client is a market leader in food production and distribution. With a turnover of over £13billion and operating across Europe, Asia and the Americas, they are a true believer in facilitating career development for those who show enthusiasm to grow with the company.
Offering Bupa Medical care, 15% shift allowance, 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), free E-Learning portal access, cycle to work scheme and staff shop vouchers, in addition to a competitive £32,000 salary, they are currently looking for a Service Desk Team Leader
To enable an effective User Access administration support function. Ensuring that requests to create, update or remove user account and information access are carried out within a controlled and compliant framework.
- Management of staff responsible for all access request (joiner, mover, leaver, application, software, distribution lists etc) that are assigned to UAA team and deal with within defined targets to the established standards
- Support the service desk triage team with contact handling as required
- Ensure all actions and activities are logged and auditable.
- Support the SSC governance, Risk and Compliance function with audit and access reporting.
- Develop and maintain procedures and work instructions for the IAM function.
- Deal with customer issues directly as transferred from the service desk.
- Provide support for access requests including the set-up of new user accounts, including using the BME process.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise advise to other IS and IT colleagues in relation to user administration and user security enquiries
- Liaise with BU IS to progress application access requirements
- Perform quality checks on ticket to ensure processes are followed
- Keep users informed throughout process as and when required.
- Escalate issues and complaint to appropriate level
- Highlight trends or issues with process into line and problem management
- Creates knowledge information relating to the ongoing development of operating procedures and work instructions for the UAA team
- Induction and training of new staff
- Mentor and guide the apprentices through their journey
- Ensure all targets are met
Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Coaching and Leadership
- ITIL foundation or relevant experience of an ITIL environment
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP
- Exposure to the general principles of IT system user administration and audit
- General understanding of PC architecture
- Previous Service Desk experience