Service Design and Transition Lead - SC cleared - London and Yorkshire
We're looking for an experienced, SC cleared, Service Design and Transition Lead to work on and make a significant contribution to a new and exciting Digital Transformation programme, which is bringing this clients business applications into the 21st Century and driving efficiency forward by the use of technology.
This role seeks an experienced Service Design and Transition Manager who shall have the remit of leading all service design and transition activities across operations for a significantly improved Service impacting several hundred users.
Reporting into the Project Manager you will act as the prime interface to the project / business for service design and transition.
At the start of this assignment, this role includes responsibility for documenting and agreeing the service design and transition scope, strategy and framework.
Once agreed, this role will be responsible for building and leading Service Support (L1, L2 & L3) organisation and implementing the service support tools and processes, eventually handing over to Service Operations / Service Support Managers.
This will be championed both internally and externally.
Key Tasks and responsibilities: Work within an Agile Project / Delivery team to perform the following tasks
- Validation that functional & non-functional requirements are identified and addressed by the operational solution.
- Design of end-to-end IT service support models from Service Desk to root problem fix to service level reporting.
- Creation of the Hosting & Full Management Service definitions;
- Documentation of service monitoring & alerting requirements & associated corrective actions, both within the software platform (application faults), between the software platform and connected systems (messaging and interface faults), and for supporting infrastructure (hardware, networks, supporting software, middleware and so on).
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies, processes and procedures are in place to protect a live operational environment.
- Representing service owners in the design phases of any change.
- Scoping the service introduction impact to the current organisation & service support model.
- Direct, motivate, plan and monitor changes in functional design to ensure the non-functional and service introduction requirements are captured and addressed.
- Design in industry, service and IT “best practice” to the operational service models.
- Leading, planning and coordinating service transition activities across functions, projects, suppliers and service teams.
- Owning and leading the transition planning and support strategy, framework and process. Driving continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the project & service introduction planning process by preparing and maintaining a realistic plan for the scope of work involved in service design, including – deliverables and milestones, estimating resource requirements
- Seek to obtain first-hand feedback, internally and from clients, and use it for improvement of the team’s practices or processes
- Understand the need for flexibility and strong team leadership when communicating and implementing change
- Be a point of escalation for project team members and customers in relation to Business Analysis.
- Comply with internal systems, procedures and processes and ensure that the team comply with these.
- Participate in GDS and other audits / reviews, taking responsibility for adherence within the project team.
- Responsible for scoping & designing Operational Acceptance Testing & training requirements.
- Accountable for planning and designing tests that validate services have been built against design specification.
- Embed a service management culture within the wider team and lead all service design activities for the delivery of the new Service.
Knowledge and experience:
- Significant Service Design and Transition experience.
- Experience of cross-functional working and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with regards to building key relationships across the business and external partners.
- Understanding of operation environments including across the service management lifecycle (strategy, design, transition and continuous service improvement)
- Experience of GDS Service Assessments.
- Individual must be proactive and outgoing, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels (senior leadership and technical teams)
- Has worked within a role reporting directly to project manager and working with senior business managers to enable business benefit through service delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organizational levels both internal and external.
- Excellent planning, cost / financial, governance, issue, risk, change control and stakeholder management.
- Excellent matrix management and team leader ship skills and collaborative leadership style.
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator and proficient at solving problems.
- Highly organised and pay great attention to the details.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Change Management Certificate (Not Essential)
- Excellent use of project management tools e.g. MS Project
- Proficient users – MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- ITIL Service Management Qualification
This is an initial 6 month contract with strong likelihood of extension. The client has specified that the role is outside of IR35
Until mid March 2019: London, Westminster. (Frequent travel to service and 3rd party suppliers)
Mid March 2019 onwards: (3 days / 2 nights travel to York) & 2 days in London, Westminster.
All travel to and accommodation in Yorkshire will be covered by the client as expenses.