Reporting to Head of IT Operations and Service, the Service Delivery Manager has primary accountability for the delivery of the service to a portfolio of North American Business Units.
This includes operational ownership of KPIs including SLAs for Incidents and Service Requests aligned with the Service Catalogue. As a member of the Operational Management Team the role holder will have direct line management for all in-country resource as well as matrix management responsibility for any team member scheduled to cover the North American Service Desk via rota hours.
The role will be responsible for understanding plans and roadmaps within the Portfolio and ensure the SSC are aligned to deliver projects via the relevant Project Manager and transition smoothly into supported service.
The Service Delivery Manager will work closely with the SSC Management team to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
The individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick issue resolution.
Stakeholder Management & Communication:
- Form strong, positive working relationships at all levels in customer businesses
- Identify stakeholder needs and requirements and manage delivery/service expectations.
- Provide updates and presentations to the Business Stakeholders
- Provide regular updates to the SSC Community ensuring they have awareness of Business strategic agenda.
Business Relationship Management & Consulting:
- Build, own, develop and foster the SSC / Business relationship for the assigned businesses
- Develop a good knowledge of SSC business model, key systems & processes.
- Provide the main interface between SSC and the Business IT team for assigned businesses.
- Understand business issues or concerns and work with the appropriate areas in the SSC to resolve.
- Provide functional expertise through engagement with relevant SSC subject matter experts.
- Inform businesses of upcoming innovations.
- Work with business stakeholders and Service Delivery to identify Service Improvement Plans opportunities.
- Own delivery and manage an assigned portfolio of business change projects via the appropriate Project Manager.
- Identify and manage key dependencies between projects, portfolios and on-going BAU activities.
- Identify portfolio risks and issues and manage in a timely fashion.
Operational Strategy & Planning
- Deliver Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish service expectations and timeframes.
- Help develop policies and procedures that deliver infrastructure service effectively.
- Analyse performance of service activities, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future issues.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new implementations.
- Oversee reports and documentation related to the portfolio.
- Take ownership of the North American Daily Operations calls, ensuring appropriate attendance, input and performance.
- Take ownership of Service Delivery KPIs for North American Business Units
- Manage and set priorities for direct line reports.
- Manage staffing, including supervision and scheduling.
- Practice IT configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the SSC Management Team regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various service improvements, and act as a catalyst and driver for improvements.
- Test service performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining performance and quality
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and / or equivalent work experience 5 years related work experience.
- Certifications in ITIL to expert and/or practitioner level are a requirement.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge & experience of Service Delivery, including Service Desk and Infrastructure functions.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for creating business cases & budgets.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Working Hours – Monday-Friday 15.30-00.00
- On-call availability as required for Operational Management Support.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.