Service Delivery Manager – Lincolnshire
We are looking to recruit a Service Delivery Manager based in RAF Coningsby to support the TyTAN JAS contract. The role reports to the VP Typhoon support and has two key aspects: firstly to be responsible for the service delivery output for the JAS and secondly to provide leadership across the RAF Coningsby and RAF Lossiemouth sites. You will be expected to interact effectively at all levels within the customer and the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
- Ensuring the output of the JAS meets the contractual metrics to time, cost and quality
- Delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction to the Customer and End Users of the JAS
- Identifying and driving through opportunities that will allow End Users to achieve the highest possible reliability and performance from the JAS assets
- Ensuring efficient management of the JAS assets through the supply chain to meet future availability requirements and deployment support as outlined in the Fleet Plan
- Facilitating an environment of continuous improvement for the JAS, challenging complacency and maximising the JAS efficiency across the whole supply chain (i.e. from NETMA and Eurofighter through to UK MOD, BAE, and OEMs)
- Accepting operational elements of contractual change and upgrades into the JAS
- Providing leadership and co-ordination for the JAS Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain and Maintenance teams operating at RAF Coningsby, RAF Lossiemouth, BAE Warton and BAE Samlesbury
- Leading the JAS Operational Performance Reviews and representing JAS in TyTAN War-room, Change and Supply Chain senior forums
- Attendance and participation in TyTAN platform support meetings involving senior representatives from the UK MOD (DE&S & RAF), BAE and specialist contractors.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowlesge Required
- A confident business manager, conversant with the demands of structured programme management and able to deliver output to time, performance and budget
- An innovator with a wide appreciation of the UK defence environment who can develop strategic and tactical solutions that can transform the provision of Typhoon avionics support to exceed customer expectations and end user needs within budgetary constraints
- Experienced in leading change initiatives
- Experience of UK air platform acquisition, airworthiness, weapon system change, release and entry-to-service processes and support as they are applied to Typhoon avionics
- Knowledge of the structure and operational application of the UK MOD and RAF engineering processes and regulations at the management and working levels
- Experience of multi-functional team management with skills to supervise, coach, train and motivate teams
- A confirmed background in leading and delivering complex programmes/projects within a multi-discipline IPT environment.
- An excellent and confident communicator, able to engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders at a senior level
- Experience of multi-company collaborations or partnered working environments
Travel – regular short-duration UK and European travel with overnight stays will be required