Senior Windows Operations Engineer - North London - £65k + Bonus
Senior Windows Operations Engineer required to join this exciting SaaS Service, business. If you are excited by the tech space and want to join an innovative, market leading organization, recognised by Gartner's, leaders quadrant, this is the business for you! Here your work will help deliver services to some of the worlds largest enterprises, who rely on this pioneering technology to deliver business communications, globally.
This is an exciting role for a great analytical thinker. Someone who can think outside of the box and strategically. Working with many technologies, you will never find yourself without something to keep you busy!
The primary responsibility of the Windows Systems Engineer is to provide support and implement growth projects for Cloud Platform and client environments.
You'll join a hardworking, dynamic, and compliant team that supports an exciting mix of technologies. Working under various compliance certifications, they provide a Secure, Reliable and operationally excellent service.
Technologies include, Windows platforms, Cisco UCS, Xen and VMware virtual environments with plans for AWS.
You will be familiar with supporting a SaaS platform and infrastructure environment. Working with cutting edge technologies and a history of using your initiative to identify improvements and work with teams to see these through.
You will be a self-starter and highly motivated, with a passion for excellence in your work.
Must have skills/experience:
- Windows Server knowledge – You would class yourself as an expert in this field, and can demonstrate your extensive capabilities in this area.
- Automation skills – with good working knowledge of Powershell or other automation tools
- Networking – Network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, what they mean and their practical uses.
- VMware and Xen virtual management
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE or MCITP advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with people at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on tasks
- Team oriented with a demonstrable understanding of customer service and support
- Drive, passion and a commitment to service excellence
- Determination and ability to learn new technologies
- Linux Server knowledge - We have a Linux Estate to manage as well, cross over skills here would always be useful
- Documentation writing
- Server Hardware support
- Able to provide information during audits about manged systems
What’s the Benefits;
They will provide you with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of success and over-achieving your goals. Salary will depend on your experience and will be highly competitive. All packages include an annual bonus based on the Company’s performance, so everyone is incentivised to over-achieve!
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, they provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health insurance, income protection, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, leisure travel insurance, pension contribution, Cycle2Work and childcare vouchers, as well as 25 days’ holiday allowance.