Senior Test Engineer
The Hague, Netherlands
Our client are looking for an experienced Senior Test Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in the The Hague, Netherlands on an initial 9 month contract
For an individual with experience in this sector, this is an exciting opportunity you to help drive forward an important project for the customer.
You will be working alongside industry leading experts while engaging with all levels of the business in order to carry out tasks.
You will ideally have experience in working and engaging with large multinational projects, preferably in the defence sector and exceptional stakeholder management.
- Oversee the contractor test activities in-plant and on-site in accordance with the terms specified in the respective statements of work;
- Manage the planning, preparation and conduction of operational demonstrations for each site including the preparation of realistic scenarios tailored specifically for each site, and working as a team in close coordination with site operators;
- Review the contract deliverables, to ensure that the contractor has correctly interpreted the relevant specifications relating to Test and Evaluation (T&E);
- Ensure that resources (personnel, interfaces, communications, flights, etc.) required for system test execution are identified, planned, and co-ordinated;
- Ensure that test plans and procedures are produced timely and test results are captured and analysed in support of verification and validation;
- Evaluate test plans, test procedures and schedules proposed by the contractor(s) and provide recommendations and/or comments to improve them;
- Monitor contractor execution of test activities, to ensure their compliance with the approved test plans and documentation;
- Evaluate and interpret results of test activities in co-ordination with the responsible operational and technical staff and recommend appropriate courses of action to the H-AVVS and the respective project leader;
- Identify potential problem areas, assessing their impact and proposing alternative courses of action when required;
- Participate in contract milestone reviews, technical interchange meetings, contract deliverable reviews and other project meetings to provide V&V expertise and represent V&V interests;
- Advise on T& E engineering and engineering change proposals;
- Monitor the T&E engineering activities of related national implementation contracts and advising host nations;
- Recent experience in the management (planning and execution) of larger verification and validation activities for large-scale distributed software-intensive CIS to include functional, performance and interoperability;
- Good knowledge of, and practical experience in, modern test engineering and test management methods and paradigms;
- General up-to-date knowledge of computer system architectures, systems security, client/server, LAN/WAN and network concepts, test techniques, Database Management Systems (DBMS) and data management concepts;
- Experience in the operational or technical use of Air C2 systems supported by NCI Agency;
- Knowledge of NATO Tactical Data Links and other military or civilian interoperability standards for messaging and data exchange related to air traffic;
- Knowledge of safety/CIS security engineering and applicable test strategies/best practices;
- Formal qualification in validation and verification engineering or testing.
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email.
01908 030 130 / firstname.lastname@example.org