Senior Systems Test Analyst – Financial Services – Northampton
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Systems Test Analyst to join a well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will be to perform integration/systems testing on internal and client-specific projects as directed by the Systems Test Manager, following the established processes and tools from a business and technical perspective. You will be part of a mixed team testing a new development and should have strong SQL skills using SQL Server and be able to execute SSIS and SSRS packages. You will also be expected to work independently and manage your own workload within timelines agreed with the Systems Test Manager.
- Carry out integration/systems testing as directed by the Systems Test Manager
- Plan, manage and schedule own work within the timelines agreed with the Systems Manager
- Mentor and develop Systems Test Analysts to improve their capabilities including formal 1:1s and performance / development reviews
- Manage and direct Systems Test Analysts in performing their duties (up to 2 direct reports to line manage)
- Develop Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Data for applications to determine their fitness for purpose and compliance with requirements and designs
- Install Software Builds to a Windows Environment including applications software, database changes, database stored procedures and job scheduling scripts
- Create test data in both flat files and relational databases
- Execute SQL Server SSIS and SSRS packages and validate the results using SQL
- Execute Test Scripts and check the results, ensuring that all discrepancies are highlighted and the appropriate action is taken using the fault management system
- Undertake an initial investigation of any defects found and create any necessary diagnostic evidence
- Communicate with Application Developers and the Systems Test Manager to ensure that faults are fully understood
- Provide a test summary report at intervals throughout the testing cycle
- Ensure test plans follow documentation standards and are correctly archived
- Assist the Systems Test Manager in planning of testing activities
- Provide input to ongoing test process improvements
- On occasion work in the User Acceptance Team performing AT planning and execution, depending on work demand
£350 - £400 per professional day.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant previous testing experience – integration or systems in a windows based environment.
- Good SQL Server Skills in particular SSIS and SSRS
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience of testing in a high volume batch data type environment
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Test Analysis Methods
- Appreciation of Project Management methods
- Experience of formal testing methods
- Knowledge of Functional/Non-Functional testing methods
- White box/Black Box testing skills, including ability to test technical functions
- Ability to interrogate and create complex sets of test data
- Use of job scheduling or job execution software
- ISEB Certification
- Knowledge of the clearing process
- Automated testing
- Use of Control-M
- Ability to manage and direct other testers
To be successful in this position you will also need to complete credit and criminal background checks.