Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol and abroad
Salary: £neg. depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
The client requires a Senior Systems Engineer with experience of Secure Infrastructure implementation to join its Enterprise Security Engineering Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within a previous systems engineering role, preferably working in a secure environment. The successful candidate will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids and the candidate should be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystem design, implementation and customer facing testing. The successful candidate must have a strong all-round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. Current ongoing projects will require an awareness of cyber security capabilities, and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Able to understand, interpret and engineer complex and often conflicting customer requirements
- To be able to expand a high-level design into a low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice
- Able to confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Provide specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project or wider programme (potential involvement in bid development/evaluation)
- Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust & costed solutions
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Skills and experience in the following areas is mandatory:
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Infrastructure build experience
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
Skills and experience in the following areas is advantageous:
- Experience of Enterprise level systems
- Experience of enterprise endpoint protection tools, such as McAfee EPO
- Experience of enterprise endpoint security tools, such as FireEye
- Experience of troubleshooting complex enterprise applications, including integration, and deployments
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of Forensic, IR or malware tools
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
- Candidates will possess the following personal characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under broad direction, with minimal supervision, in challenging technical environments
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload in pressurised environments, across multiple tasks, whilst balancing time and quality.
- Strives for excellence in engineering activities, both personally and professionally.
- Personable and flexible, willing to work in a highly focused and demanding environment
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and nontechnical audience
- Highly motivated, with the aptitude to learn new skills
- Ability to be innovative
- Demanding Work Environments
- Security clearances to SC minimum
Whilst you will have our Bristol office as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as client projects can at times require you to work away from home during the week (Mon-Fri). If you are proactive, enthusiastic and comfortable with working in a complex, fast moving environment, then please apply for this role.
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email email@example.com