About Our Client…
With a history spanning 20 years, Our Client is a growing Information Security Consultancy who provide their services to a really impressive portfolio of customers (both public and private sector).
Our Client has over 200 staff across offices in Australia, USA, Germany and the United Kingdom, and is an independent organization with FTSE-250 backing.
About the Opportunity…
Due to a huge spike in business growth, our Client is looking for a motivated Senior Systems Engineer to join their Incident Response Team based in Cheltenham. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who is looking to springboard, or continue, their career within the Cyber Security space – a sector which businesses are become increasingly dependent on.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will take ownership over monitoring live networks whilst reviewing prior network attacks across our client’s portfolio of customers, performing route cause analysis to determine the cause of attack and patch management to ensure that issues do not re-occur.
As well as monitoring networks, you will be tasked with working with new customers to deploy their network monitoring toolset, ensuring that systems are always effectively running and receiving regular maintenance checks.
What we are looking for…
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with key customers, internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Comprehensive experience with scripting languages (ideally Python)
- Good exposure to network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, TLS
- Network administration experience (Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto)
- Background/knowledge/interest in Information Security
In Return, You Will Benefit From…
- 25 days annual leave with an option to buy an extra 5 days
- Company Pension Scheme (8%)
- Overtime Rate (Time and a half) – in the event of network attacks outside of core business hours, there will be a requirement to work overtime which will be reimbursed with a competitive overtime rate.