Senior Systems Analyst - Financial Services - Northampton
We're looking for an experienced Senior Systems Analyst to work within the Technical Support Team within our financial services client in Northampton on a 3-6 month contract. The role will report into the Technical Support Team (TSG) Manager.
Purpose of the Role:
This is an opportunity to join the Technical Support Team (TSG). Your duties will include management of our current Windows environments as well as all things virtual. You will be expected to provide 2nd line support and escalation to 3rd line Infrastructure teams and provide input into future solutions and implementations.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server and Client Operating Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Services active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policy, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft System Centre technologies
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis skills
- Excellent Vulnerability management skills using Nessus software.
- Good knowledge of VMware ESXi Architecture
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V
- Good knowledge of Antivirus and GFI
- Good experience in creating and reviewing technical design documentation.
- Good understanding of data centre management
- Microsoft and VMware certification preferred
- Proficient knowledge of SQL Server, Email and SAN technologies an advantage
£350 per professional day
Key Responsibilities include:
- 2nd Line Support of Windows, VMware and Virtual Server Environments
- Support of Microsoft technologies, e.g. Active Directory, System Centre
- Support of infrastructure software, e.g. GFI, Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Vulnerability Management using Nessus Software
- Maintaining technologies ensuring currency with supported versions of software
- Involvement in existing and new IT and business change projects.
- Assist team members in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within Service Level Agreements
- Provide expert advice and guidance in field of expertise to other parts of the business as requested.
- Be the subject matter expert in relevant fields.
- Any other reasonable task within the scope of the level.
This role is within financial services so you must be able to successfully complete credit and criminal history background checks.