Senior System Analyst – Northampton – Financial Services
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior System Analyst to join this well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will include management of current Windows environments as well as all things virtual. You will be expected to provide 2nd line support and escalation to 3rd line Infrastructure teams and provide input into future solutions and implementations.
To be successful in this role you will be proficient in 2nd Line Support of Windows, VMware and Virtual Server Environments as well as;
- Support of Microsoft technologies, e.g. Active Directory, System Centre
- Support of infrastructure software, e.g. GFI, Symantec EndPoint Protection
- Vulnerability Management using Nessus Software
- Maintaining technologies ensuring currency with supported versions of software
- Involvement in existing and new IT and business change projects.
- Assist team members in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within Service Level Agreements
- Provide expert advice and guidance in field of expertise to other parts of the business as requested.
- Be the subject matter expert in relevant fields.
£300-£350 per professional day.
You will have excellent knowledge, skills and experience of Windows Server and Client Operating systems as well as excellent knowledge in the following;
- Infrastructure Services active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policy, etc.
- Microsoft System Centre technologies
- Root Cause Analysis skills
- Vulnerability management skills using Nessus software.
- VMware ESXi Architecture
- Antivirus and GFI
- Creating and reviewing technical design documentation.
- Data centre management
- VMware certification preferred
- SQL Server, Email and SAN technologies an advantage
To be successful in this position you will also need to complete credit and criminal background checks.