SENIOR SOLUTION ARCHITECT
Airline / Aviation Sector - When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. With over 250 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, you will be joining the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world.
IT Architecture incorporates the Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture teams, plus oversight of Technical Architects working within our technology delivery teams.
The Solution Architecture team has to be flexible and skilled enough to cover a wide range of different styles of solution, from the heavily bespoke software solutions common in our Commercial domain through to the more SaaS / package centric integration challenges in Airline Operations and corporate areas. Having a team that knows ‘what good looks like’ both irrespective of the type of solution / business problem, but also tailored to them is critical for ongoing success.
The job purpose
- To lead the solution architecture definition for complex end to end solutions, working with technical architects covering each solution component, and Enterprise Architects driving the long-term architectural direction.
- Produce high quality, comprehensive Solution Blueprint materials demonstrating a balance of different functional & non-functional drivers and requirements, effective understanding of solution risk, and alignment to broader IT strategy and standards.
- Where required to lead a team of solution architects in the delivery of multiple solutions across large change programmes
- To run programme design assurance where required, in order to drive appropriate outcomes for key design decisions
- Provide architectural guidance to third party vendors / development teams to assure the delivered solution realises the design.
There are three primary accountabilities of this role:
- Owning & defining solution architectures:
- Assuring component design alignment
- solution delivery
You will have experience of designing/implementing a wide range of solutions, including (desirable):
- Large, multi-technology, multi-vendor solutions
- eCommerce and retail solutions
- Leadership of other IT architects
- Integration with third party service provider APIs (e.g. hotels)
- Experience of SOA, API Design and distributed architectures.
- Practical experience of agile project delivery aligned to high quality solution architecture
- Demonstrable experience of designing high quality software solutions in line with business needs and timescales
- A high degree of commercial / business awareness and understanding
- Be confident in presenting solution architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audiences
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manner
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
- High degree of integrity, does what they say they will