Senior Security Consultant
Based in the South West of England, our client is searching for colleagues to join their expanding consultancy team. Sandwiched in between The Cotswolds and The Malvern Hills, the business is within a commutable distance from Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol and Worcester. The newest member of staff will work as an integral part of the team to primarily deliver high quality penetration testing, red teaming and other, bespoke, security consultancy work for clients. The current team is dynamic, innovative and dedicated to making a difference to customers’ security efforts. Career development, training, certifications and staff welfare is a priority for the company and this is reflected in the opportunities presented to the team.
This consultancy’s customers demand high quality, expert advice. The team works closely with customers to ensure that technical assurance work is focused to requirements. They ensure that the work they deliver adds value and makes a tangible difference in helping customers achieve their wider security objectives.
The business and customer work are consultant led. As such you can expect to be heavily involved in the lifecycle of your work, to engage with and delight customers and to work autonomously, and as part of the team, to achieve great outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
Alongside penetration testing and red-teaming for customers, opportunities to deliver training, research projects, and to participate in industry events and conferences are available.
Opportunities to be home-based are available as well with this forward-thinking consultancy. The ability to work from the office and work closely with them to help support and mentor less experienced consultants could be an advantage.
The work will require travel to customer locations, UK wide. It is expected that work at customer locations could comprise up to 50% of deliverable hours. This is flexible and varies depending on customer requirements. Opportunities to travel internationally may be available.
The following will be the foundation of your role however, as a small and dynamic enterprise, opportunities to be involved in the wider development of the company and service lines, to deliver staff and customer training, and to undertake development and research are available.
- Delivery of high-quality penetration testing, application security testing, red-team engagements and other bespoke technical assurance projects
- Organising own and others' schedules
- Assisting in proposal writing and scoping
- Customer management and debriefing
- Supporting the wider team in the delivery of technical engagements
The ideal candidate will be a proven penetration tester / security consultant with the following attributes:
- Excellent general infrastructure penetration testing and application security testing skills
- A combination of breadth and depth of technical knowledge across typical computing platforms
- Excellent report writing abilities and a high standard of written English
- Confident, dynamic, and enthusiastic about collaborating with customers and colleagues to provide effective security guidance and solutions.
- Great customer facing skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distil complex technical information and communicate to a non-technical audience
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- CREST CCT INF, CCT APP, or equivalent.
- Willingness to undergo UK government clearance process (SC minimum)
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The ability to prove the following will be viewed favourably in your application:
- CREST CCSAS /CCSAM or equivalent advantageous
- Experience of delivering red-team engagements
- 3 years' relevant experience
- Technical Research and Development skills and experience an advantage
- Experience of presenting at industry events is an advantage
- Ability to critically examine existing business processes and recommend improvements
- Experience of successfully mentoring less experienced consultants
Excellent salary and benefits package
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Matched company pension
- Private healthcare
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 30 days after 3 years
- 3 x salary death in service
- Excellent working conditions and environment.
- Progression Opportunities.
- Training budget per consultant.
- Opportunities to be put through job specific certifications.
If you are interested then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org