Senior Project Manager - SC cleared
Working within a central government organisation based in London, and at key stakeholder sites across the UK, you'll be providing project management, business and organisational change expertise at a senior level on a new Government Digital Transformation programme. The project operates within an Agile environment and the successful candidate will require a current active SC clearance.
Reporting into the Programme Director and working alongside a diverse team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, Data Migration specialists, Product Owners and Developers, you will be responsible for overseeing a large, complex and challenging project that is demanding in terms of its delivery time-frames and variety of stakeholders, so you must be comfortable facing these types of challenges. To be successful you must quickly settle in and begin delivering to a high level of quality.
This work is part of a wider programme and an appropriately experienced Senior Project Manager is required to take the transition/change project to initiation and through to successful delivery and subsequent closure.
- Project Brief
- Project Initiation Document
- Monthly board papers and other governance reports as required
- Project plan and associated artefacts
- Regular status updates
- Benefit realisation plan
- Communications plan and outputs
- Full Business Case
- Proven project leadership experience gained on similar government or defence projects and programmes
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering transition and/or transformation projects
- Extensive business and organisational change experience and wider IT project delivery knowledge
- Previous experience working on both Waterfall and Agile projects within the public sector
- Ability to ensure robust planning, management (through appropriate governance) and progress reporting against the approved plan
- Represent the project with, and escalate issues to, the Programme Director, SRO and governance boards
- Ability to advise the project team on the optimal approach to meet project objectives against time and cost.
- Provide line management to project team members
- Proven experience in stakeholder management, must be able to effectively engage, communicate, influence and challenge stakeholders across a range of departments and external suppliers
- Able to build relationships and engage with project team members and senior business stakeholders alike.
- Be content to travel to other stakeholder locations for up to 4 nights across UK (York, Liverpool, Milton Keynes and other locations as needed).
- Knowledge of MOD and/or Government working at Secret, IT development, Ways of working, Records Management and Security organisations.
- Must possess the experience and gravitas to hit the ground running.
- Prince2, APMP, MSP or formal PM accreditations useful.
- Must hold a current SC clearance
If you have the above skills and feel you possess the confidence to deliver on a nationally important programme of work then please get in touch to discuss your experience and the opportunity in more detail.