Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer ( Linux ) - Cheltenham - 40-50k + Excellent Bens
Great atmosphre, knowledgable colleagues, excellent company benefits, lots of investment in training
This leading cyber security consulting company who provides services to major global organisations, is seeking an experienced Senior Linux Engineer to join a growing infrastructure team based in thier Cheltenham Office.
About the company
Many of the world’s most successful organisations turn to to this business for technical assurance, incident response and investigation services. They are at the forefront of research and development in security technology: regularly publishing white papers and blogs addressing current and emerging security threats and trends. Their employees are frequently invited to present at various open and closed industry events around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will work closely with the Incident Response Engineers, while also working in close co-operation with a wider team of Infrastructure specialists.
- Management of multiple complex secure network infrastructures.
- Contribute to project to redefine the platform for service delivery.
- Implementation of new solutions as part of a continual programme of service improvement.
- Ability to troubleshoot network routing and ACL issues.
- Administration of Linux servers.
- Work with consultant technical teams to design and configure new sandbox and test environments.
- Provide third line support for helpdesk issues.
- Conduct technical research regarding user requests for new/modified systems or problem resolution.
- Work with OpenVPN and other secure technologies.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and networking.
- Good knowledge of computer networking design principles.
- Hands on, in depth experience of Cisco Switch and Firewall configuration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems administration with Debian and Ubuntu Linux Distributions.
- DNS, DHCP, NAT and VPN.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare administration and architecture.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities, analysis and communication skills.
- VLAN configurations.
- Good knowledge of IDS principals, the purpose of them and an understanding of how they work.
- Experience managing and maintaining SAN technologies (storage networking and Disk Array management).
Desirable experience (Not essential)
- Good knowledge of SQL database administration.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Encryption technologies.
- Windows systems administration.
- OS/ System hardening.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Desire to implement solutions to best practice standards.
- Desire to work in a collaborative sharing environment.
- A commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Enthusiastic individual.
- Comfortable in a fast paced business environment.
- Must be eligible for UK Security Clearance (SC).
- Degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- CCNP (or equivalent skill level).
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role (or equivalent skill level).
Location and Travel
The role is office based in Cheltenham, but may require occasional travel to other company locations.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates. A range of additional benefits including 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme (contributory of up to 8%), share purchase scheme, bonus scheme, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan.
The benefits that really matter :-)
- Free fresh fruit and soft drinks and beer
- Long service holiday accurals
- Lots of social events
For immediate consideration please contact Peter Sanders or Daniel Silver today on 01908 886048