Senior Instructional Designer
Location - South Oxford
Salary - up to £40k (DOE) plus excellent company benefits
My client is an international not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment. They’re an intergovernmental organization that can trace its origins back to 1910. Their 48 member countries guide and influence our core areas of work, which include International Development and Publishing.
They produce key scientific publications which includes a world-leading abstracting and indexing database covering applied life sciences. They also publish multimedia compendia, books, eBooks and full text electronic resources aiming to further science and its application to real life. As a business they also invest its publishing surpluses directly into development projects, helping to improve livelihoods worldwide.
They are seeking a Senior Instructional Designer who will lead the development and implementation of e-learning plant health training modules based on existing face-to-face training content. You will be expected to lead the design and production of the e-learning training, working in conjunction with a wide-range of stakeholders, particularly internal subject-matter experts and external developers.
- Lead on collaboration with staff, freelance designers and team members to develop a cohesive user interface based on identified target audience’s training needs
- Work closely with external e-learning developers to produce the final product
- Develop and write innovative and interactive learning content to meet functional learning objectives in eLearning environments, applying tested instructional design theories, practices and methods
- Build appropriate assessment instruments to judge learners’ performance
- Suggest and implement new and innovative solutions for the delivery of online training and support
- Responsible for creation of supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc.)
- Ensure functionality within the selected Learning Management System (LMS) and authoring tool
- Manage and maintain project documentation
- Undertake and ensure testing and quality assurance of final product
With at least 3-5 years’ experience in instructional design you will have a strong background in writing and developing training and educational e-programs. Experience with the latest technology for training and education: solid knowledge of working with at least one LMS, proven expertise in instructional design and working closely with key contacts and proven ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts
This is an excellent opportunity to join a awesome company please contact Sarah-Jane Taylor to discuss this role in further detail 01908 886035