Senior Infrastructure Engineer ( Wintel ) - Cheltenham - 45-55k + Excellent Bens
Great atmosphre, knowledgable colleagues, excellent company benefits, lots of investment in training
This leading cyber security consulting company who provides services to major global organisations, is seeking an experienced Senior Wintel Engineer to join a growing infrastructure team based in thier Cheltenham Office.
About the company
Many of the world’s most successful organisations turn to to this business for technical assurance, incident response and investigation services. They are at the forefront of research and development in security technology: regularly publishing white papers and blogs addressing current and emerging security threats and trends. Their employees are frequently invited to present at various open and closed industry events around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will work closely with a multi –disciplinary team of highly talented Engineers to provide a stable environment for production and testing systems.
- Management of Production Wintel environment.
- Management of Office 365 tenant and Azure infrastructure.
- Manage transitions to Azure and Office 365.
- Engineer and implement technical solutions as part of a continual programme of service improvement.
- Create technical project and system configuration documentation for handover to the support team, overseeing all project transitions into production and support.
- Ensure Security is at the heart of all Wintel deployments.
- Maintain and respond to active monitoring tools.
- Provide third line support for helpdesk issues.
- Act as mentor to other Engineers in order to assist their development and progression through the Company.
- Working to and maintaining Company standards and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the wider technical community in the business to provide assistance and support.
- Comprehensive 3rd line knowledge of Wintel Technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange 2016, SharePoint 2016, SQL, IIS, etc.)
- Office 365 Management and migrations.
- Azure, AWS mgmt. experience.
- Experience working in an environment where IT security is of paramount importance.
- ADFS, SAML, SSO technologies.
- Extensive experience with datacentre technologies; Dell Servers, SAN Storage etc.
- VMWare administration and architecture.
- Good knowledge of backup and recovery solutions such as Veeam.
- Remote access & mobility: VPN, Terminal Services, MDM etc.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and networking.
- Good knowledge of computer networking design principles.
- DNS, DHCP and NAT.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities, analysis and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Encryption technologies.
- Linux system Administration.
- OS/System hardening.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Desire to implement solutions to best practice standards.
- Desire to work in a collaborative sharing environment.
- A commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Enthusiastic individual.
- Comfortable in a fast paced business environment.
- Must be eligible for UK Security Clearance (SC).
- Degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- MCSE in at least one discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role (or equivalent skill level).
Location and Travel
The role is office based in Cheltenham, but may require occasional travel to other company locations.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates. A range of additional benefits including 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme (contributory of up to 8%), share purchase scheme, bonus scheme, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan.
The benefits that really matter :-)
- Free fresh fruit and soft drinks and beer
- Long service holiday accurals
- Lots of social events
For immediate consideration please contact Peter Sanders or Daniel Silver today on 01908 886048