Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Salary bracket: £55,000 – £65,000 per annum
Location: Home based with travel throughout the UK, predominantly South East and London
Are you a senior cyber security professional looking for an exciting and challenging new role?
An opportunity has arisen for a client-facing senior cyber security consultant to join my clients expanding cyber security consultancy practice.
Experienced consultants lead and support a wide range of clients across the public and private sector, both in the UK and overseas. Supported by sector consultancy managers, account managers and project coordinators, you will be a trusted adviser to external clients, providing pragmatic, practical consultancy advice and support.
The cyber security consultancy practice delivers a range of consultancy services to the public and private sector.
These include the following consultancy services:
- Audit and review
- Incident response
- Security architecture
- SOC 2
- Risk management
- Risk assessment
- Cyber health checks
This role also includes the delivery of cyber security-related training in public or in-house courses.
- Managing and delivering end-to-end cyber security projects.
- Delivering high-quality, engaging training on cyber security-related subjects.
- Managing the expectations and demands of clients and senior stakeholders.
- Developing products.
- Producing high-level reports and security documentation.
- Developing security strategies for clients.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- At least five years’ proven experience working with security frameworks such as ISO 27001, HMG Security Policy Standards and Frameworks, risk management, risk assessment and audit.
- Strong written and spoken English with excellent communication, reasoning and presentation skills.
- Previous consultancy experience.
- Strong and proven self-management skills, including time management and the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently.
- Degree-level education and/or a recognised professional business qualification.
- CISSP® or CISM® qualification.
- Experience auditing and/or implementing ISO 27001.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to liaise with board-level stakeholders and conduct meetings at this level.
- Project management and coordination.
- A passion for innovation and solving problems.
- Confidence presenting to groups.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Ten years’ work experience in cyber security or cyber security architecture; technical security skills highly desirable.
- Five years’ work experience in a cyber security line management role in a medium to large organisation, or equivalent experience in consultancy.
- CESG/NCSC consultancy experience.
- CISA® highly desirable.
- CLAS consultancy certification.
- CESG/NCSC CCP certification.
- Ability to gain security clearance.
- Business continuity management.
- Experience in a head of security or senior cyber security role.
- Experience presenting at conferences.
Please contact Sarah-Jane Taylor on 01908 8886037 or 07917 180753 to discuss this role in further detail