Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Home Based (Optional)
Up to £85k
Working as part of the Group Cyber Security Team primarily based in The Netherlands, this is an information security role that covers the entire lifecycle of security operations and services from initial analysis through operation support and maintenance to end of life and disposal. The company are a global construction business with staff in
As the Senior Cyber Security Consultant in the Group Cyber Security Team, you will play a key role in ensuring that the group security strategy is enacted and maintained through the analysis, consulting, support and oversight of the security functions across the group. You will also be responsible for tactical mitigations, remediations & forensic analysis.
Working through the security partners and internal stakeholders across the various group OpCo’s, external partners and suppliers you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of processes and technologies.
Ensuring and reporting that all OpCo’s are aligned to Group Information Security Policies and practices
The role also requires the ability to take either a technical and/or compliance requirement and be able to analyse, consult and advise on appropriates solution to meet the requirement.
Your role will include but will not be exclusive to:
- Understanding of security standards, best practices, frameworks
- Experience with a wide range of security products.
- Lead in the resolution of security incidents and forensics.
- Monitor and manage the levels of security incidents.
- Monitor and lead with remediating the root cause of security incidents.
- Ensuring that activities conform to internal and external compliance requirements.
- Experienced in security technologies such as firewall, VPN, Identity & Access Management systems (ACS, ISE).
- Monitoring for changes in compliance and standards.
- Potential for implementation and project work.
- Assuring OpCo’s are implementing appropriate security controls in line with group strategy and policy.
- Maintains knowledge of key security related governance and standards (e.g. ISO27001 and PCI-DSS).
- Maintains knowledge of the current global threat landscape.
- Productivity in line with departmental standards.
- Work is carried out in compliance with documented/published standards.
- Work is carried out to agreed quality goals.
- Effective working relationships are developed and maintained with colleagues and partners.
- Personal objectives are achieved.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Security Systems Analysis and Design (for small projects / changes).
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems.
- Experience in 2 factor authentication solutions and protocols (especially RSA).
- Strong Skills in Incident Response.
- Strong Skills in Problem Management.
- Strong skills in System Documentation using MS Office applications including document management systems.
- Proven understanding of TCP/IP based networks (Both LAN & WAN).
- Knowledge of MS Windows based Server Operating Systems & protocols.
- Knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems & protocols.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of databases and DBMS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (particularly Customer relationship management, Team working, Report writing and Time management).
Some of the benefits include:
- Bonus of up to 12% per year.
- 43 holidays holiday per year (in line with the construction industry).
- Company Pension.
- 8% holiday allowance (in line with Dutch employment law).
If you are interested in this position or would like more information, then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com.