Security Operations Analyst - Peterborough - £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits
We are currently seeking a Security Operations Analyst to join our client’s team based at their Peterborough site.
A global family of ingredient companies and one of the largest producers and distributors in the world, striving to be the leaders of innovation within the industry. With over 7,000 employees working across 51 plants, a presence in 33 countries and sales in over 90 countries. Due to recent legislation changes, this company is about to go through a significant growth period, they are one of the biggest household names across Europe!
In this role, you will undertake analysis of security threats and vulnerabilities, implement security policies and procedures to prevent data and IT systems from being compromised and ensure the business is compliant with regulatory standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the design and development of security processes and procedures for all systems across the IT environment
- To assess new and current suppliers for ability to adhere to the group’s security policy.
- To assess, analyse, document and implement system or technical changes based on requests for change.
- Plan and monitor the operating system and application vulnerability patching schedule
- Monitor activity and entries recorded in Active Directory to ensure that they do not conflict with individual systems or applications security.
- The Active Directory remains up to date in respect to the entries.
- Operating system and Application patching adheres to the Group’s IT Security policy.
To be successful in your application you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of ISO27001.
- Good understanding of Active Directory to ensure that they do not conflict with individual systems or applications security.
- Experience of managing ERP systems or knowledge of ERP systems.
- Experience of performing risk and vulnerability assessments, and business impact analysis for medium size information systems
- Experience of investigating suspected attacks and managing security incidents.
- Awareness of developing technologies and their application.
- Vulnerability scanning and assessment.
- System configuration and design.
- Application patching.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team, with willingness to provide support when required.
- Willingness to challenge status quo.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt approaches to achieve specific outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email email@example.com