Security Operations Analyst
A Security Operations Analyst is required by a dynamic forward thinking and distinctive household name. A technology leader in their field, an FTSE 100 listed company and pioneer in air-travel, e-commerce, digital technology and business operations.
Salary Package: Basic salary up to £63,000 + package, total package up to circa £73,000
Location: Luton – (30 Mins from central London, 5 mins from main rail station. 2 miles from the M1)
Flexibility: This role will allow the successful applicant to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
Joining an established, experienced and forward thinking Security Practice – this role will offer challenge, career progression, opportunity and development
With over 250 aircraft flying over 700 routes to more than 30 countries, they’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 70 million passengers a year, they employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and they’re still growing.
If you love a challenge, are passionate about what you do and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations – you’ll fit right in. It’s about big ideas and looking at things differently. It’s about delivering for customers, being progressive and successful. So if you’re ambitious, digitally-minded, and prepared to work hard, then this is one of the most exciting, progressive and enjoyable environments you could wish to do it in.
- Rapid response, detection, isolation and remediation of security incidents
- Retain a working knowledge of related security technical areas such as; application, network and host, to enable effective liaison with other technical groups and protection of information
- Monitor internal and external security threats and known vulnerabilities, and ensure that technical controls are aligned to these
- Manage remediation of vulnerabilities
- Develop and operate processes and procedures that counteract threats and vulnerabilities
Requirements of the Role
The ideal candidate for this position will have attained one or more of the following:
- Masters in Information Security (MSc)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- ITIL v3
- Vendor technology certifications e.g. SIEM, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, email security management technologies
Furthermore you will have gained experience of:-
- Experience of security incident handling, including first responder, using forensic investigative techniques, cyber chain of evidence
- Experience of using threat intelligence systems and services
- Experience of vulnerability management
- Experience of leading response and management of security incidents
- Ability to conduct and direct research into threats and vulnerabilities and preventative capabilities
To have an informal chat or gain further clarifications regarding this position, please contact Thom Taylor on Thomas.email@example.com or 01908 030131