Security & Incident Manager
The company is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
They produce high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. They produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. They aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
The Security Incident Manager is accountable for managing Security incidents for all systems.
This role demands a thorough understanding of security threats and compromise methods. You will triage cyber security incidents as they are detected.
To analyse these incidents, you bring together multi-disciplinary teams, to investigate and understand the root cause of infiltration/exploitation events. You will then plan the response, including tactical code changes and infrastructure configuration changes.
You will act as a point of escalation, plan and prioritise remediation activities, share knowledge with teams across the company, to ensure the resolution of incidents. Note that while the role is inclusive of all security incidents, the vast majority of the work relates to Cloud Hosted, Digital Products.
- Knowledge of attack lifecycles and threat actor abuse cases.
- Demonstrable experience of managing security incidents and problem management in a multi-vendor environment with systems spread across IaaS, SaaS and SaaS.
- Proven experience gained in a similar role.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity standards and frameworks, e.g. CIS, OWASP, SANS, NIST.
- Previous experience of working in a Security Operations Centre.
- Understanding of server, browser, application and network technologies.
- Diplomatic and robust, with the ability to act in a complex business environment.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Communicates with 3rd parties, where applicable, to ensure the resolution of requests and incidents.
- Work within all standard processes and practices regarding the support workflow, ticket documentation, escalation procedures, and communications.
Using your considerable experience of Security Problem Management, you will plan the release of strategic fixes to prevent further re-occurrences. To succeed, you must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and technical experts.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- You should have held one or more of following qualifications for at least three years, SSCP, Comp TIA security +, CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CEH, or equivalent.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Knowledge of a range of technologies will be beneficial to you in executing your role. Expertise of working at significant scale is a must, with Cloud experience preferred.
- Our environment includes many technologies your familiarity of these will enhance your productivity and your ability to identify the Root Cause.
- Describing previous working environments that include some or all the following technologies will enhance your application.
- Good working knowledge of internet usage and common browsers.
- Experience of working with major Cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or Azure.
- IDS, IPS, WAF.
- Ngin-X, Node JS, Mongo DB, Expression Engine, WordPress.
In return the company offer a competitive basic salary, 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
For more information, please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org