Security Engineer – Splunk/Zscaler
We`re looking for a Security Engineer to provide security expertise for this global client on a 3 month engagement.
Reporting into the Head of Information Security for Europe you will need to possess strong Splunk and Zscaler (any Tanium experience would also be useful).
- Undertake security projects implementing security technologies, tools and processes, and evaluate, implement and manage systems which provide security services within the clients’ network.
- Manage technical security monitoring and the incident management process
- Recommend security improvements and coordinate with system owners to implement.
- Develop and monitor key metrics and reporting (how the defences fared against threats, trends, technology performance indicators, coverage gaps, project reports, incidents, alerts, etc).
- Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, SSCP) and strong experience in a similar engineering role
- Experience of Splunk, ZScaler and ideally Tanium.
- Hands on experience in working with security systems/technologies such as IDS/IPS, AV, end point protection, VPN, SIEM, Proxies/Content filtering, Firewalls etc.
- Deep knowledge/understanding of security technologies, protocols, concepts such as networks, firewall management, system hardening, encryption, PKI, malware analysis and protection, IDS/IPS, Application firewalls, and different types of attacks.
- Excellent understanding of securing cloud applications / infrastructure including deployment/management of similar technologies in cloud and have a strong fluency of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs (including Project and Visio).
This client operates in over 30 countries worldwide so if you have the above experience and are looking for a new contract role based in the East Midlands then please get in touch.
3 month contract period, daily rate.