This position is based with the one of the leading UK charities who are based near to Liverpool street station – they have an internal network of over 2000 users.
You will be part of a an experienced and professional team, as an IT Security Engineer you will be responsible for current security infrastructure (Firewalls/ IPS / SIEM etc.) and implementing additional protections to ensure the organisation is secured in line with the latest security plans and policies.
You will be expected to regularly test the network to find any vulnerabilities or weaknesses that may be exploited and ensure these are documented and fixed. You will monitor for security breaches or intrusions, ensure a robust process is in place for dealing with any potential breaches to so they are dealt with minimal impact to the business. This will include investigating any breaches, working out how they occurred, the extent of damage caused and reporting back to the IT Senior management team.
You will ensure their clients and servers are fully up to date with the latest security patches and highlighting any infrastructure that requires updating to close known vulnerabilities or that is no longer supported by vendors for security updates
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience;
- Direct Experience with managing and configuring firewalls, Intrusion prevention, SIEM (Logrhythm) and Web/email security services
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus)
- Experience in designing secure network systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Experience in developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Experience in using patch management solutions (LANDesk,WSUS)
- Professional experience in supporting a Windows server and cloud environments
- Knowledge of DLP and Rights management solutions.
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious
This role is suited to an experienced IT Security engineer who has a passion for ensuring the security of computer networks and working for passionate and exciting organization.
This role requires flexibility and will include occasional shifts at weekends and evenings.
Essential skills and knowledge would suit someone with exceptional communication and customer relations skills, you’ll be self-managing, with the ability to document work effectively as well as being Analytical with an ability to acquire an understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts.
Technically – you will be hands on and familiar with:
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Sophos AV
- SIEM Logrhythm
- LANDesk or WSUS
- Securing Office 365/MS Azure/Amazon
- Good understanding of Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016, SQL 2008 R2 and above
- Hyper V/System Centre VMM
- Window 7/Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/Office 365.
- Good general technical understanding of Personal computers.
- Good understanding of mobile/tablet devices (Android/Ipad/Windows)
- Self-management and business awareness.