Security Consultant - Birmingham - £40-45k + Bonus + Shares + Training
A Security Consultant is required by the highly specialised consultancy, at the forefront of UK security policy.
The role is to provide security advice and guidance to clients across the UK including implementing and auditing iso27001, reviewing security architecture, advising on GDPR and delivering security awareness training.
You will join a team of highly experienced security consultants, where you are able to draw down on their knowledge to develop yourself.
Recognised for their independent information security consultancy to public and private sector organisations. They help in the identification and management of information risks. Their approach is based on experience and expertise of real world business problems and delivery of pragmatic, appropriate and cost effective solutions.
They have many years of experience in providing information assurance and risk management services to central government departments, local authorities, emergency services and private sector organisations.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance support
Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus compliance support
IT Health Checks / Penetration Tests
Cyber Security Health Checks
Security Audits & Assessments (physical security, social engineering)
Cloud Strategy Development
GDPR Readiness Assessments
Key Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Experience of implementation and audit of ISO27001
- CISSP or similar
- Good understanding of information security
- Developing security policies and procedures
- Knowledge of IT networking and related architecture
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to undergo UK Security Clearance
- Knowledge of DPA and GDPR.
- Knowledge of HMG security standards is desirable
- Knowledge of cloud security is desirable.
Salary 35k to 45k depending on experience - plus shares and bonus.
Industry leading training will be provided to develop the role.
For immediate consideration, please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033