Security Consultant (CTL) x 2
£NEG depending on experience
An innovative security consultancy based in Gloucestershire is searching for colleagues to join their expanding consultancy team. Their new colleagues will work as an integral part of the team to primarily deliver high quality penetration testing, red teaming and other bespoke security consultancy work for their clients. The team is dynamic, innovative and dedicated to making a difference to their customers’ security efforts.
Career development and staff welfare is a priority for their company and this is reflected in the opportunities presented to the team.
The consultancy’s customers demand high quality, expert advice. The team works closely with customers to ensure that technical assurance work is focussed to their requirements. They ensure that the work delivered adds value and makes a tangible difference in helping customers achieve their wider security objectives.
The business and customer work are consultant led. As such you can expect to be heavily involved in
the lifecycle of your work, to engage with and delight customers and to work autonomously
and as part of the team, to achieve great outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Alongside penetration testing and red-teaming for their customers, opportunities to deliver training,
research projects and to participate in industry events and conferences are available.
The work will require travel to customer locations, UK wide. It is expected that work at customer
locations could comprise up to 50% of deliverable hours. This is flexible and varies depending on
customer requirements. Opportunities to travel internationally may be available as well as the opportunity to work from home.
The following will be the foundation of your role, however, as a small and dynamic enterprise,
opportunities to be involved in the wider development of the company and service lines, to deliver
staff and customer training and undertake development and research are available.
- Delivery of high quality penetration testing, application security testing and red-team engagements.
- Organising own and others' schedules.
- Assisting in proposal writing and scoping.
- Customer management and debriefing.
- Supporting the wider team in the delivery of technical engagements.
The ideal person will be a proven penetration tester/security consultant with the following attributes:
- Excellent general penetration and application security testing skills.
- Current CHECK Team Leader (INF / APP) would be ideal.
- CREST CCT INF, CCT APP, or equivalent.
- Willingness to undergo UK government clearance process (SC minimum).
- Excellent report writing abilities and a high standard of written English.
- Confident, dynamic, and enthusiastic about collaborating to provide effective security
guidance and solutions.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distil complex technical information and communicate to a non-technical audience.
- Good time-management and organisational skills.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The ability to prove the following will be viewed favourably in your application:
- CREST CCSAS /CCSAM or equivalent advantageous.
- Experience of delivering red-team engagements.
- 3 years' relevant experience.
- Technical Research and Development skills and experience an advantage.
- Experience of presenting at industry events is an advantage.
- Ability to critically examine existing business processes and recommend improvements.
- Experience of successfully mentoring less experienced consultants.
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer which is broken down below:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Matched company pension.
- Private healthcare.
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 30 days after 3 years.
- 3 x salary death in service.
- Excellent working conditions and environment.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.